Older Passive Subs

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
They look like smaller versions of the old Cerwin Vega bottoms/scoops many folks used for live sound reinforcement back in the day. I don't think they're that old, though, as GC still has them listed as a stock item on their website.

GJ

I hear you Rick, I now have four of the ETX15SPs and I love them over the sound of my TouX 18" subs. In fact I am down to one passive rig remaining (I will keep it for my studio). I have three small to medium active rigs or one medium to large active rig.

You will not believe the price I picked them up for. The only locally owned DJ store here is Charleston had a going out of business sale. I picked up both subs and a Peavey PV2x30 crossover for only$350. The place was in business for 30 years. The owner said he got an offer from someone who really wants the property the store is on. Ha plans to vacation for about 6 months to a year and then look into re-opening a store front.

Reactions: steve149
Ron I owned a pair of them. They are all right sounding subs. They are not a true folded horn sub but more of a half horn since you can reach up and touch the woofer. They sound more like a bandpass/direct sub than a horn. Also this sub is made in China and not in North America and you can tell in the quality of the wood.