Numark NS7 Controller

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ahoustondj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
I know that the Numark NS7 comes with Serato Itch. Can you also install Virtual DJ and Traktor Pro 2 on it? Is Serato Itch the updated Serato software or was it made just for the Numark?

Canute it is fully supported in VDJ and I used that combo for over a year to mix audio/video. I only sold mine due to its rather large size. the weight was not so much of an issue but it in a road case is rather bulky. It is by far the closest thing to spinning on turntables you will get with a controller. I am seriouslly tinking of buying one again as I like the feel of a spinning disc under my fingers.

dreaded double post

Oh by the way when pimped out it looks badass....

redgreenns72.jpg

ns7customvinyl.jpg

Does it also support Traktor Pro 2?
Is the NS6 The Older Version or the Newer Version?

This is all for a Buddy of mine. I love my Pioneer MEP 7000 and not thinking of selling or getting rid of it.

I know that the Numark NS7 comes with Serato Itch. Can you also install Dirtual DJ and Traktor Pro 2 on it? Is Serato Itch the updated Serato software or was it made just for the Numark?

Can someone tell me what 'Dirtual DJ' is? Does it come with dirt jog wheels?

;)

I use Serato Itch too - but I chose the Vestax VCI-300 controller. Serato Itch uses quite a few controllers too.

Link to their page and text below from their site

ITCH DJ Controllers with internal audio mixing

These are all-in-one mixing control surfaces with audio input and output connections. Audio processing and mixing happens via Serato ITCH software.

The Allen & Heath Xone:DX is a 4-channel audio controller for electronic DJs and is the result of close design collaboration between Allen & Heath and Serato

The Novation TWITCH is a controller for a new breed of of digital DJs and controllerist performers.

The Numark NS7 is an elegant desktop controller with responsive motorized control platters that feature 7" vinyl for a more traditional feel.

The Numark NS6 is a high resolution four deck DJ controller delivering powerful breakthrough performance.

The Pioneer DDJ-S1 is a digital DJ controller combining Pioneer's renowned hardware design with the intuitive Serato ITCH DJ software.

The Vestax VCI-300 is a sleek all-in-one portable DJ controller. It can be USB powered from the computer and its slim design makes it a great traveling companion.

ITCH DJ Components for outboard audio mixing

The introduction of ITCH components allows DJs to use their choice of outboard mixer to mix and control audio levels. ITCH components allow tight pre-mapped control of your music with all the benefits of Serato ITCH processing and library management.

The Denon DJ DN HC-5000 is a robust rackmount controller for Mobile/Digital DJs. It has multi-functional touch sensitive jog wheels and one to one mapped control. It's built-in sound card provides audio outputs to connect to your choice of mixer.

The Numark V7 delivers outstanding feel and unprecedented power in a single-platter digital DJ controller.

Can someone tell me what 'Dirtual DJ' is? Does it come with dirt jog wheels?

;)

I use Serato Itch too - but I chose the Vestax VCI-300 controller.
Goofball. LOL

One thing you should know... ITCH is not like a "version" of Serato Scratch Live. It is it's own brand, developed solely by Serato, and has nothing to do with Rane. ITCH resembles the interface of Scratch Live, and the functionality, but it is MADE for controllers and MIDI devices. It supports 4 decks, has effects, etc, whereas SSL doesn't. There are a lot of differences, but I am pointing this out because most people look at ITCH as a "slimmed down" version of SSL, when in reality it actually has MORE features because it isn't dependent on Rane's hardware.

NOW!
The NS6 is their newest model, and is one of the best controllers out. The NS7 is closer to real turntables though... has spinning platters, and actual "vinyl" plates instead of plastic jog wheels like other controllers. The problem is that the NS7 is about as big as two CDJ's and a 10" mixer, whereas the NS6 is about 19" long end to end. I don't know a whole lot about the NS7, but I know that the NS6 will support both Traktor and VDJ.

Canute it is fully supported in VDJ and I used that combo for over a year to mix audio/video. I only sold mine due to its rather large size. the weight was not so much of an issue but it in a road case is rather bulky. It is by far the closest thing to spinning on turntables you will get with a controller. I am seriouslly tinking of buying one again as I like the feel of a spinning disc under my fingers.
Dr Z what about the V7s? I see you using the AKai, maybe for effects Im assuming? the V7 has built in effects knobs which is the biggest difference from the all in one NS7. Was the mapping you used for VDJ a standard TSI file or did you map it yourself?

The Platters

What is the size of the Platter on the NS7 and The NS6? Which one is bigger.

Dr Z what about the V7s? I see you using the AKai, maybe for effects Im assuming? the V7 has built in effects knobs which is the biggest difference from the all in one NS7. Was the mapping you used for VDJ a standard TSI file or did you map it yourself?
The V7 will be even more work since I would have to bring a mixer. And yes the AKAI was for effects and other stuff.

What is the size of the Platter on the NS7 and The NS6? Which one is bigger.
In the names ther is the size of the platters, NS7 7 inch the exact size of 45's NS6 6 inch.