Numark Cue LE

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Matthew

New DJ
Mar 15, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.soundrayz.com
I recently got the Numark Cue LE and was wondering if anyone knows how I would disable the auto cue (or i think thats what its called?).

When i have 2 songs loaded it SOMETIMES ends the song short and Starts the new song a few seconds into its runtime, thus missing some words and music from the begining. Its like the end/start times are messed up yet all the special setting have been turned off and i just cant figure out why its doing it.

Thanks!

I recently got the Numark Cue LE and was wondering if anyone knows how I would disable the auto cue (or i think thats what its called?).

When i have 2 songs loaded it SOMETIMES ends the song short and Starts the new song a few seconds into its runtime, thus missing some words and music from the begining. Its like the end/start times are messed up yet all the special setting have been turned off and i just cant figure out why its doing it.

Thanks!

I run Numark Cue as well...you can actually set the auto mix rate time. I'll be breaking out my laptop tomorrow and I'll get back with you on how to switch the time. It's been awhile since I've done this.

i thought so to and have set "Auto Cross Rate" to 0 and yet it still does it. ive tried turning auto cue off but that just turns of the decks from loading themselves from what i can tell so far. It seams the "Auto Mix Points" are whats wrong is what im trying to say ;)

i thought so to and have set "Auto Cross Rate" to 0 and yet it still does it. ive tried turning auto cue off but that just turns of the decks from loading themselves from what i can tell so far. It seams the "Auto Mix Points" are whats wrong is what im trying to say ;)

That's the way this program is set up. No matter what, it'll still cut off the ending/beginning of the 2 mixed songs. It just depends on how you set the time. There really is no way around it as far as I know. I will double check it tomorrow.

Mathew are you using Numark Cue LE or the full version of Numark Cue?

I need to double check but I believe Numark Cue LE commonly sold bundled with a controller such as the Numark Total Control or the Hercules RMX and Steel does not have an Autoplay function and in fact is only supose to work when the controller is connected to the computer.

If I read your comments correctly you may be refering to "Hot Cue" points... Cue and Cue LE both utilize smart mixing and this feature can be turned on and off or simply adjust the track position and reset the cue point in question and click the "Cue" button in the software or on your controller this will change the "Hot Cue" point of the song and it will remember it for the next time it is queued on any deck.

Based on this statement I'm guessing you are using the Full version of Numark Cue and not the LE version

When you add tracks to the Auto Play list there is a + sign just below the AutoMix icon.... there you will see AutoMix Type.... with several options starting with Smart Mix (mode), Fade (Remove Intro/Outro), Fade (Remove Silence), Fade (Remove Nothing), No Fade (Back To Back) This will change where the cue points will be set.... if I use this, usually only for dinner music, I set it to Fade (Remove Silence)

The Smart mix mode is based on the configuration settings you have in the Config menu..... setting the crossfade there only sets the amount of time it takes the controler from one extreme end to the other before it starts to affect a change when using either the software's crossfader manually or a controller's crossfader.

The next thing under AutoMix Mode is AutoMix Time here you can select between 0s and 16s this will affect the cue points as well but only in a manner of how long the crossfade will be before you only hear the next song. This one I usually have set for 4s

An additional note on the Auto Crossfade "Smart" setting this setting is nice in that it will automatically select a crossfade method based on the track going out and the one comming in but as you've noticed it is not perfect, hence the need for a DJ ;)

its the LE version, i got it with a usb controller however i no longer use the controller as it works fine without it and it was pointless lol.

it toggles between the two decks with the songs in the play list, however the cue points is what i would like to turn off, or set to the direct end and the direct beginning of songs instead of in the middle of them.

its the LE version, i got it with a usb controller however i no longer use the controller as it works fine without it and it was pointless lol.

it toggles between the two decks with the songs in the play list, however the cue points is what i would like to turn off, or set to the direct end and the direct beginning of songs instead of in the middle of them.

Which controller did you get with it?

I have the Total Control and love it... but, I've since upgraded to VDJ 6.0 and don't use the LE version of Cue that came with it anymore.