New Pioneer controller... No computer/laptop needed...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
LOL...I don't really "get" these new controllers with screens...their library searching is terrible, you're gonna have to go to the laptop or whatever if you want to do a proper search.
As I posted above, my Pioneer MEP 7000, even though 5years old is a Standalone. It can accept a Keyboard for searches and TV as external monitor/screen. My entire Music Library is cloned on an External HD and attached to the MEP 7000. 20 Playlists and several Automix Modes are some more of it's features.

Last edited:
Ok so here's the want list...
  • Fairly compact and lightweight, 19" rack mount preferable.
  • A "proper" mixer, analog, not software-driven.
  • A variety of inputs and balanced outputs.
  • 4 deck control
  • Two independent mic inputs with proper 3-band EQ on each.
  • Ability to work as a MIDI controller for a variety of different software packages but also standalone with the following input options:
    • External HDD
    • USB Stick
    • iPhone/iPad
  • A screen in the middle
  • Ability to connect to an external monitor maybe
  • Ability to connect a USB keyboard for library searching
That'll do.

Embed an iPod in a MC6000 and I think we have it.

LOL...I don't really "get" these new controllers with screens...their library searching is terrible, you're gonna have to go to the laptop or whatever if you want to do a proper search.

I guess these are ok if you want to keep your attention in one single place which I guess is a bonus...but then how hard is it to get a stand that puts your laptop screen in a similar place?

The big-name DJs don't carry laptops to the clubs... their whole set is stored on a flash drive. This controller just shrinks it all down and gives them a practice pad. At around $1400 retail, it's out of reach of most mobile DJs right now. BUT... I think this is the future of where controllers are headed. Pioneer won't nail this concept 100% with this product, but the next versions might - just as laptops are losing steam in the business world, they're also losing steam in the DJ world.

Every month their is a new controller dropping on the market. The market is saturated with these things. I will buy a controller in about 20 years. In the meantime I will just struggle with my turntables.

I want one :)

I want a small controller and they keep getting closer to being back to 2 x 1200 deck size.

Steve149 ! I`m with you i just pickup
zoom_ddj_sr_1_l.jpg
This. DDJ SR

Reactions: steve149