New Equipment from Pioneer! DDJ-WeGo3

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I was going to ignore your comment because I know if a nasty discussion ensued and I am one of the posters that the negativity will fall on me, as it usually does.

The blame falls exactly where it should. Threads don't turn nasty all by themselves.

However I am going to clear the air. Yes, I am no longer in Arnoldo's Group because he did not want me to discuss anything that had to do with spreading out speakers. Someone posted one of the usual "Headphone Speaker Setups" on which I commented that it looked congested and conspicuous. Arnoldo saw that and the rest is History. Every single day Arnoldo gets at odds with people and when somone does not agree with him, he kicks them out. That is no Secret! However, mark my words, he will pay dearly. Basil is a busy man, he does not sleep.

He kicked you out because you were relentless about speaker setups, and every other topic.
BTW, I'm glad you put your threats in a forum like this. Evidence comes in handy.

I am not going to clutter this thread with unwanted banter. I am still part of this group because I do have friends here and we mainly interact by PMs because they like me notice, that if I post the sky is Blue, there are some who make it their business to challenge the post and say something to the nature of "well it is kinda grayish".

Just like your thread responses, you rush to judge, without considering any variables.
And using your own example. The sky IS kinda grayish now and then.
All depends on the conditions.

For those who don't like my postings, there is a very simple solution....click the "Ignore" Button! Why torture yourself only to complain?

I encourage healthy debate, I don't run from it. But that system has worked well for you. If you don't like someone's rebuttal, you block them. Here, and on Facebook.
As long as you stick your fingers in your ears and yell, "NA NA NA NA"...
no one will ever prove you wrong.

Actually skies in Houston and surrounding areas right now are quite...

_909848485711872_5510990487579277841_o_zps10734a80.jpg

:D

Reactions: steve149
Plant corn. Get Corn.

If someone is looking for a fight, they are easy find. A dialogue where someone can disagree yet still not piss people off is easy to find here too.

I believe one of the greatest gifts one can have is the ability to do an honest self evaluation and look at a situation that they were involved in that didn't go the way they hoped and learn from it.

Canute, you seem like a smart guy who takes his job very seriously..and is very good at what you do . But your amazing ability to get into altercations because of your written words, coupled with your lack of ability to realize you are bringing the vast majority of this grief on yourself says a lot.

I hope you find peace somewhere. You won't find peace with promising that someone "will get his "

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan The Man
To
Plant corn. Get Corn.

If someone is looking for a fight, they are easy find. A dialogue where someone can disagree yet still not piss people off is easy to find here too.

I believe one of the greatest gifts one can have is the ability to do an honest self evaluation and look at a situation that they were involved in that didn't go the way they hoped and learn from it.

Canute, you seem like a smart guy who takes his job very seriously..and is very good at what you do . But your amazing ability to get into altercations because of your written words, coupled with your lack of ability to realize you are bringing the vast majority of this grief on yourself says a lot.

I hope you find peace somewhere. You won't find peace with promising that someone "will get his "
What specifically are you referring Scott? If it was about getting banned from Arnoldo's Group it is because he did not want to hear me talk about spreading speakers even though others did, same topic comes up repeatedly on FB Forums because they don't have archives. Therefore, it is going to be expected that same answers would follow. I told Arnoldo to tell those who did not want to see my answers to block me. That would have solved the problem. Same can be done here.
On the last day a new guy posted a pic of a setup that looked like a big boom box with everything clumped together. He asked for feedback good or bad. I replied that I would not have set up that way but would like to see more pics of the room before making further comment. Arnoldo did not like that comment and banned me. I said nothing derrogatory. I was waiting for the guy to answer.
Lastly, those who have caused me grief do end up paying. I can take crap, my feelings don't get hurt easily like some. However, when someone has a bitter hatred towards me or sets out to harm me, it will always backfire on them. Trust me, ALWAYS! It has in the past.

Last edited:
To

What specifically are you referring Scott?

I'm specifically referring to your apparent belief that getting kicked out of the Facebook group was not your fault at all and Arnoldo was out to get you.

I
I'm specifically referring to your apparent belief that getting kicked out of the Facebook group was not your fault at all and Arnoldo was out to get you.
I edited my post before this one that gives the reply.

I

I edited my post before this one that gives the reply.

Thanks. Your edited post pointed out exactly what I was talking about. At least to most people. You appear to truly believe that all of this grief comes out of people hating you or wanting to do you harm. Why would anyone want to do that? Because you're Black? From Texas? Use Bose?

It appears the thought that you might be causing some of this has never crossed your mind.

Based on my experience with your posts here, I'm going to guess Arnoldo had seen enough interaction between you and the other posters to realize another fight was about to break out. But you can't see it.

Is it possible it's all because Arnoldo is an ego maniac? Possible. However, if Arnoldo's was the only place you've been banned, put in the penalty box at, or been in heated arguments at, what you are saying may be more plausible. But I have seen you get into many, many arguments . Were all of them your fault? Absolutely not. Could you easily have avoided many of them? Yes, you could have.

I have some good news. People don't typically care enough to hate you or wish you harm. Unless you have done something horrible to them. Or you're a schoolgirl that stole her boyfriend.

Thanks. Your edited post pointed out exactly what I was talking about. At least to most people. You appear to truly believe that all of this grief comes out of people hating you or wanting to do you harm. Why would anyone want to do that? Because you're Black? From Texas? Use Bose?

It appears the thought that you might be causing some of this has never crossed your mind.

Based on my experience with your posts here, I'm going to guess Arnoldo had seen enough interaction between you and the other posters to realize another fight was about to break out. But you can't see it.

Is it possible it's all because Arnoldo is an ego maniac? Possible. However, if Arnoldo's was the only place you've been banned, put in the penalty box at, or been in heated arguments at, what you are saying may be more plausible. But I have seen you get into many, many arguments . Were all of them your fault? Absolutely not. Could you easily have avoided many of them? Yes, you could have.

I have some good news. People don't typically care enough to hate you or wish you harm. Unless you have done something horrible to them. Or you're a schoolgirl that stole her boyfriend.
The complaints came not because of any bad Interactions, "fights" or "almost fights" between myself and other members. It came because those who complained were expecting the Proverbial Pat on the back. They did not get it from me and that pissed them off. Also, I only commented on an individual once. I would also follow up with a recommendation, I always do. The repetition of what I said, the same message came about by the regulars reading the same time over and over. Topics repeat themselves so its only natural that answers, feedback and critique will do the same.

As far as Arnoldo is concerned, almost every day he bans people who don't agree with him. That is no secret on the Internet! His ego is drastically misplaced. He was the one being offended because he too wears Speakers like Headphones.
It takes two to start an argument, remember that! However when people see my name in a lengthy heated thread the first thing they think is "there he goes again" without reading the whole thread. There are a bunch of DJs who have befriended me from the Groups on FB, why? Because they are objective and they know my Objective Criticism holds no malice. I try and share things that can improve someone's game. Some appreciate it and some don't.

I was under the impression that all the folks here and on the Internet Groups were adults and I see no need to Sugar Coat things when I speak my mind. This Society today is too Politically Correct. People are too damn sensitive. If they want Sugar Coating they should go visit a Bakery! I don't make personal attacks on the members. It is they who don't like what I am saying and its usually about ONE major Topic, "Speaker Placement". I am a straight shooter and call it as I see it. Some people can't handle the truth.

I have chosen to ignore some on this Forum because I have noticed that they always follow a good many of my posts with opposing views for no reason. So rather than have to go head to head I just let them do their thing without my involvement.

The complaints came not because of any bad Interactions, "fights" or "almost fights" between myself and other members. It came because those who complained were expecting the Proverbial Pat on the back. They did not get it from me and that pissed them off. Also, I only commented on an individual once. I would also follow up with a recommendation, I always do. The repetition of what I said, the same message came about by the regulars reading the same time over and over. Topics repeat themselves so its only natural that answers, feedback and critique will do the same.

As far as Arnoldo is concerned, almost every day he bans people who don't agree with him. That is no secret on the Internet! His ego is drastically misplaced. He was the one being offended because he too wears Speakers like Headphones.
It takes two to start an argument, remember that! However when people see my name in a lengthy heated thread the first thing they think is "there he goes again" without reading the whole thread. There are a bunch of DJs who have befriended me from the Groups on FB, why? Because they are objective and they know my Objective Criticism holds no malice. I try and share things that can improve someone's game. Some appreciate it and some don't.

I was under the impression that all the folks here and on the Internet Groups were adults and I see no need to Sugar Coat things when I speak my mind. This Society today is too Politically Correct. People are too damn sensitive. If they want Sugar Coating they should go visit a Bakery! I don't make personal attacks on the members. It is they who don't like what I am saying and its usually about ONE major Topic, "Speaker Placement". I am a straight shooter and call it as I see it. Some people can't handle the truth.

I have chosen to ignore some on this Forum because I have noticed that they always follow a good many of my posts with opposing views for no reason. So rather than have to go head to head I just let them do their thing without my involvement.

Canute - this post alone shows that you still feel you had no play in causing situations. You don't have to 'sugar coat' things as you say - but you do have to put them in ways that people can understand them. This does not mean that you comprehend what they do not. It means that there is an issue with how you transmit it .. and how they receive it. If this was with 1 person, I can see how it might be them - but it's not. You incur the same issues across multiple sites with multiple people. That said, at some point, one really should look in the mirror. There is a difference between being direct and still being able to partake .. and being abrasive and being disregarded. Add to it that there have been lots of times where you have not specifically said - but lead people to believe that there is only one way to do something.

Let's assume that you are offering a seminar. If the majority of the attendees are distracted, rattled or offended by how you say something, then all you've done is teach those people that you are NOT the one to listen to - no matter how correct or incorrect your information is. If your reply is - if you don't like it, ignore me - then you're announcing that you don't care what others think. How does one gain respect, clout or knowledge by not caring about others? Add to it that those people may have varying experiences and achieved the same or better results than you while using different methods - if you fail to acknowledge those possibilities, then you are also teaching those people that you are close minded to things.

To be considered a member of a society, you have to participate as part of that society and follow whatever the conditions of that society are. If you choose not to, then you will be an outcast. If you become an outcast, is it the society's fault for not conforming to you .. or your fault for not conforming to the society?

In order to be in a position for people to accept advice, you have to accept and adapt as needed for the situation. You also have to understand that others have experiences, situations and scenarios unlike yours - and your mind has to be open to accepting that, learning from it and dealing with it. If you want others to accept your ideas - you have to be willing to also accept others - and be imaginative enough to try to understand how something may or may not play out - even if you have not experienced it.

In this specific setting (ODJT), you are among peers. Among a peer group, we speak of and share ideas, advice, thoughts, opinions and knowledge (among other things). You may not use or like some of it - but it doesn't make it wrong or incorrect.

You also mention that society is too politically correct - yet are one of the first to call a foul when it doesn't go your way. Most people can handle the truth very well .. as long as its transmitted and received properly.

As for '.. to ignore some on this Forum because I have noticed that they always follow a good many of my posts with opposing views for no reason. So rather than have to go head to head I just let them do their thing without my involvement. ..' - this would be a further acknowledgement that you refuse to deal with any view other than your own and fail to comprehend that you may have caused some of the abrasiveness that exists between you and said people. People don't typically oppose views 'for no reason'. It may be for a valid reason or it may be for discussion (devils advocate). Regardless, sometimes those opposing views need to be mentioned to show other possibilities of results. You, yourself, have presented opposing views on topics (and seem to love to debate) - so this is like saying you want to have a one sided debate. What works for Canute, works for Canute and may not work for others. This isn't right or wrong. It is what it is.

You say you want to be able to act and speak like an adult, yet you would rather ignore people than participate in the community .. because of views or angles that may oppose your own. Again, if 1 person complains that you are being abrasive - then sure, maybe that person is hearing it wrong. If the majority of people are receiving it wrong, then maybe the message is being sent wrong. The only way to correct that is to send it properly.

Again, you have to be open to input and ideas from others. Without this, it will be futile.

In addition, it doesn't take 2 people to start an argument. It takes 2 to continue one.

In my honest opinion (and I've said it before), I think you can be a valuable person here and on the web - but you have to learn how to participate in a way that people will want to hear you and your message.

Last edited:
I'd comment, but I'm on ignore.

Canute - this post alone shows that you still feel you had no play in causing situations. You don't have to 'sugar coat' things as you say - but you do have to put them in ways that people can understand them. This does not mean that you comprehend what they do not. It means that there is an issue with how you transmit it .. and how they receive it. If this was with 1 person, I can see how it might be them - but it's not. You incur the same issues across multiple sites with multiple people. That said, at some point, one really should look in the mirror. There is a difference between being direct and still being able to partake .. and being abrasive and being disregarded. Add to it that there have been lots of times where you have not specifically said - but lead people to believe that there is only one way to do something.

Let's assume that you are offering a seminar. If the majority of the attendees are distracted, rattled or offended by how you say something, then all you've done is teach those people that you are NOT the one to listen to - no matter how correct or incorrect your information is. If your reply is - if you don't like it, ignore me - then you're announcing that you don't care what others think. How does one gain respect, clout or knowledge by not caring about others? Add to it that those people may have varying experiences and achieved the same or better results than you while using different methods - if you fail to acknowledge those possibilities, then you are also teaching those people that you are close minded to things.

To be considered a member of a society, you have to participate as part of that society and follow whatever the conditions of that society are. If you choose not to, then you will be an outcast. If you become an outcast, is it the society's fault for not conforming to you .. or your fault for not conforming to the society?

In order to be in a position for people to accept advice, you have to accept and adapt as needed for the situation. You also have to understand that others have experiences, situations and scenarios unlike yours - and your mind has to be open to accepting that, learning from it and dealing with it. If you want others to accept your ideas - you have to be willing to also accept others - and be imaginative enough to try to understand how something may or may not play out - even if you have not experienced it. In this specific setting, you are among peers. Among a peer group, we speak of and share ideas, advice, thoughts, opinions and knowledge (among other things). You may not use or like some of it - but it doesn't make it wrong or incorrect.

You also mention that society is too politically correct - yet are one of the first to call a foul when it doesn't go your way. Most people can handle the truth very well .. as long as its transmitted and received properly.

As for '.. to ignore some on this Forum because I have noticed that they always follow a good many of my posts with opposing views for no reason. So rather than have to go head to head I just let them do their thing without my involvement. ..' - this would be a further acknowledgement that you refuse to deal with any view other than your own and fail to comprehend that you may have caused some of the abrasiveness that exists between you and said people. People don't typically oppose views 'for no reason'. It may be for a valid reason or it may be for discussion (devils advocate). Regardless, sometimes those opposing views need to be mentioned to show other possibilities of results. You, yourself, have presented opposing views on topics (and seem to love to debate) - so this is like saying you want to have a one sided debate. What works for Canute, works for Canute and may not work for others. This isn't right or wrong. It is what it is.

You say you want to be able to act and speak like an adult, yet you would rather ignore people than participate in the community .. because of views or angles that may oppose your own. Again, if 1 person complains that you are being abrasive - then sure, maybe that person is hearing it wrong. If the majority of people are receiving it wrong, then maybe the message is being sent wrong. The only way to correct that is to send it properly.

Again, you have to be open to input and ideas from others. Without this, it will be futile.

In addition, it doesn't take 2 people to start an argument. It takes 2 to continue one.

In my honest opinion (and I've said it before), I think you can be a valuable person here and on the web - but you have to learn how to participate in a way that people will want to hear you and your message.

This is exactly the way I feel.

Canute, no one is saying you are all to blame and everyone else is perfect. There is fault in all of us. But the fact that it happens to you way more than most should be telling you something.

It's this: You have a hard time getting your point across without ticking some people off. You believe if people get ticked off when you post something, it must be a problem with them. Yet, some people are able to disagree with others without ever ticking them off. No one is saying you need to worry excessively and walk on egg shells worrying about people's feeling. Most people call it common courtesy.

If someone ticks you off, you usually come out guns a blazin', rather than attempting to nip it in the bud. Which usually escalates the situation. You may not have started it, may not be your fault...but the Principal always sees you in the middle of it.

There is a local DJ here that I met through networking. He seemed like a good guy. But as I got to know him, he started telling me about him getting in arguments with the photographer at just about every wedding he did. He was convinced that just about all photographers were pushy, bossy, and were out to ruin his event. The first few he told me about, I felt bad for him that he ran into such terrible photographers. After it got to be a regular thing, it became obvious that he was mostly at fault.

In over 20 years of DJing weddings, I had a disagreement with a photographer a small handful of times, just about everyone was resolved quickly and amiably. I've never been in an argument with a photographer. The only one time that something couldn't get resolved, I stopped communicating with.

I tried to help him see that it was not normal to get into arguments with photographers on a regular basis. He started accusing me of siding with the photographers and not "sticking with DJs". He was convinced that nothing he was doing was causing this.

You state that you have DJ friends on facebook, which is understandable. Personally, i enjoy your knowledge about sound and welcome your opinion. I disagree with the way you express yourself to a number of people. You occasionally come across as arrogant, pompous, bitter, and spiteful. You also seem oblivious when people are trying to help you. But you can't count your friends as validation if you are going to ignore the large number of arguments, bans, and penalty boxes you've been in. It's kind of like saying I'm a good driver because I stop at the light 90% of the time. Ignoring the fact that you go through the red light 10% of the time and have a bunch of tickets and accidents doesn't help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger
To

Lastly, those who have caused me grief do end up paying. I can take crap, my feelings don't get hurt easily like some. However, when someone has a bitter hatred towards me or sets out to harm me, it will always backfire on them. Trust me, ALWAYS! It has in the past.

Can you give a ballpark number of the people that set out to harm you or has a bitter hatred towards you? Even just the ones you know about that has backfired on them.

Can you give a ballpark number of the people that set out to harm you or has a bitter hatred towards you? Even just the ones you know about that has backfired on them.
Its not a wise thing to be counting the dead.