Weddings New dj needs help making a playlist

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
That's a good start.... please line up 6 more bartender.... :sqwink:

Photos have been released of the last time you visited.

bar_fire.jpg

Crazy Jon -

I think its great that you enjoy doing this and are starting to do more kinds of things with it.

As sarcastic as some of us (myself included) might be here, everyone is looking out for each other, and for the dj industry as a whole.

It's our goal here to help make each other be as successful as they can be, and this includes making sure that you provide things like good-quality and legally purchased music at your events.

It's great you're having fun now - that's where it SHOULD start, and that's what its about. But ask yourself - have you ever entertained the notion of DOING it as a business -even part time? Would you like to? Eventually? Or do you want to stay where you are at? And there's no problem with that...

If you DO truly love what you are doing, and have fun doing it, you will naturally find yourself WANTING to become better and providing better service - hobby or not.

And if you do love doing it - and it shows - and you are any good AT IT - it's only a matter of time before people who have seen you or heard of you perform AS A HOBBYIST actually start ASKING you to do THEIR event!

At this point, you can decide if you truly want to do it just for the love of it, or if you would like to get compensated for it - Even if what you make just gets turned around into more music, better/more equipment, etc.

The more events you do, hobby or not, you will start to want and need those things, and the money HAS to come from somewhere! So unless you are in the most fortunate of circumstances, you might as well start charging something down the road.

But if you DO get to that point - that's where all this stuff people are saying and commenting on here comes into play.

Legal music, professional-looking email correspondence, etc.

If you;re just having fun and that's all it will ever be - then more power to ya - but chances are if you are good at your hobby it will turn into more...

Why not start building a solid foundation now instead of scrambling or getting caught with your pants down later?

Just hang around here a little longer - 'cause there's a lot to learn for all of us, and from each other. Whether you're dj'ing a wedding "for free" because it's "a hobby," or getting $900+ to do it, the same kinds of things come into play, and by interacting with peeps here, you can learn a lot from other's mistakes and experience BEFORE it happens to you.

Gee, I always thought of you as number two. :sqwink:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Well, I could resist but decided not to. Oh hell, that was just too easy and resistance was futile.

Oh well, resist this ...

ummmmm.. never mind:sqwink::sqlaugh::sqerr: