New ADJ Light

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ahoustondj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
Here is a sneak Preview.
inno-pocket-fusion_01.jpg

inno-pocket-fusion_04.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever happened to keeping lasers off of people and out of their eyes?

Same issue with the Chauvet Swarm 5 FX. At least the new Chauvet GigBar IRC laser portion is adjustable separately.

Don't get me wrong...I understand what ADJ and Chauvet, etc. are trying to do...build as many cool FX into one light unit but sometimes it's just too much....a flower type effect, strobe and laser in one....eurgh...

Reactions: DJ_MJ
For some gigs, you don't get much space, so I appreciate the availability of something that could be fixed under a speaker if needed .. it's just these dang lasers.

Same issue with the Chauvet Swarm 5 FX. At least the new Chauvet GigBar IRC laser portion is adjustable separately.

The Swarm 5 FX has seven different "Auto" modes. At least one of those disables the laser.

Same with the Fusion above I'm sure .. it's just I find it strange that a product is designed in that fashion to begin with .. unless the warning on lasers is pure hokum.

Whatever happened to keeping lasers off of people and out of their eyes?

I was just saying this same thing the other day - I've noticed a few new laser effects being released that are completely designed to be a dance floor effect meaning shot directly into peoples faces. This confuses me as well because I always make sure to NEVER shoot lasers at eye level

You can aim lasers to a Dance Floor without aiming it in someones eyes. 5 feet up, close to the Dance Floor and pointed DOWN will not shine in anyone's eyes. Unless someone want to lay on the floor and look into the unit's lens.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
At 5 feet, you're at eye level with many women .. and most kids .. still not an ideal location. I suppose if you point it straight down it may work, but then you have no effect. Remember the beams aren't straight out of a laser, there is a conical field, so even at a 45 degree angle at 5', some of the light will hit someone in the eyes.