New ADJ Inno Pocket Spot LED Moving Head

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
This looks pretty neat for smaller setups .. especially at $299.

12w CREE LED with separate color wheel and gobo wheel.

trans.gif
trans.gif
american-dj_inno-pocket-spot.jpg

Hmmm, interesting... I like the small form of these guys and that price is amazing. I could actually see myself grabbing maybe half a dozen of these.

But thats 12 watts LED - whats that convert to output wise vs a regular bulb?

I have a pair of Chauvet Intimidator Scan LED 100 units that are 20 watts. They good in small rooms but can get lost in larger venues. I also have a pair of Scan LED 300 units which are 50 watts. Those will punch well in even larger rooms. 12 would likely be okay if they're close to a dance floor but not sure it'd cut in the room.

They're too small I think to be your primary dancefloor effect lighting unless the venue is particularly small; however, they'd be good for accent lighting whether as a moving wall wash, to provide a miniature version of the American Idol style stage lighting, as pin spots for a small target, or whatever. I can see myself using them in a line on the floor behind the DJ booth for backlighting, the ability to pan forward for dramatic effect, as a back light strobe, and so on.

Now, that said, I am basing this on the size not the wattage. The watts are a less relevant stat than the lumens and sadly we don't have that... I am just assuming that the throw isn't going to be super impressive.

The other way to utilize small light to much greater effect is to use a section of box trussing stood straight up and hang the lights horizontally off the sides or front. Even if the lights don't have super impressive throw the moving beams from the truss columns always looks good. So, two vertical truss boxes on either side of the DJ booth with 3-4 of these little guys hanging off the inside edge... Could be a super cool effect (again, more as an accent.)... So, instead of your typical 1 moving head on top you get something like this:

8cN85bf.png

Which thanks to the size and price would be easy and affordable.

Last edited:
Le's look at it this way. You get what you pay for. Think of it this way for that price how much did it cost the manufacturer to make this unit. I feel at that price point you shouldn't expect to much from this unit. I say it's an entry level moving head for those who want one and can't afford to spend much more then that. I learned many times over buy the real thing once and forget it.

After googling, here's an entry that says the pocket spot throws 650 lumens:

The Inno Pocket Spot is a mini Moving Head with a bright 12-Watt LED source....650 lumens,

The Chauvet scan led 300 (50-watt flat-mirror scanner) says it throws 2850. Given the fact that ADJ doesn't seem to post lumen stats, I'm guessing it's probably a weak light. BTW, Ben's site has it listed as a 10-watt unit. I think Steve needs to buy a half-dozen of these, try them, then report back. All in favor.............

Reactions: Audio One

The Chauvet scan led 300 (50-watt flat-mirror scanner) says it throws 2850. Given the fact that ADJ doesn't seem to post lumen stats, I'm guessing it's probably a weak light. BTW, Ben's site has it listed as a 10-watt unit. I think Steve needs to buy a half-dozen of these, try them, then report back. All in favor.............

I

Just dragging up this old thread...I picked up a pair of these today and they are WOW...very very bright...sure put them in a room designed for 350/400 bodies then they will struggle but for a room of up to 150 people these are no problem at all...

Reactions: DJ_MJ

I looked into it, and you're right. It is definitely a 10W Cree LED fixture, not 12 watts

BTW, if we're gonna resurrect the thread, the ADJ site STILL lists them at 12w ... so [insert smarmy emoticon with tongue going plllllllbbbtt]