Need help proofing new rack cards

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
A few of the brides appeared to be the same ones ... any with non-Caucasian audiences?

A few of the brides appeared to be the same ones ... any with non-Caucasian audiences?

Ha, didn't even notice that. Nope, those are 3 different brides but boy, they sure look alike. I've got another candidate that might make a good substitute for one of them. Now let's see, which one gets nuked?

All 3 are good looking ...

Also, the flourish at the bottom of page 1 need to be centered between your tagline and web address vertically. Call Now For A Free Consultation at the bottom of the back should come down a little.

When you say flourish, do you mean the flowerdy, faggity looking graphic at the top of the puple at the bottom (on the back)? That's a fixed graphic, which I'm already plastering a pricing table over the top of. I can't move the graphic but to uncover it completely would mean I'd have to crank the font size too far down on the table. I'm most concerned about the photo+dj bundle pricing. Had one of my first prospects who questioned how I could justify jumping from $1600 at the bottom to $2200 at the middle. I re-tweaked the hours and a couple other details to try and make it make sense. Think I ordered 500 last year and planning to jump this one to 2000 cards. Will probably also print up a few hundred more without the photo bundles to give to my photog friends (well, at least they've been my friends up until the point I'm adding photography).

VistaPrint. I used them last year. I'm doing full-color on the backside and gloss on the front. Total is showing about $285. The rack cards were very effective last year and I'm going to ask the wife to hand deliver some of these to our venue friends. It should open some new doors.

I would take out the word "GORGEOUS" before "decor".
Every other line is just one word....and it kills the flow.
Also, I'd re-arrange the words so all of the "adjectives" are at the top. (Fun, Elegance, Romance)
and leave the two "nouns" at the bottom. (Dancing Decor)
Much like a script, it needs to have a rhythm when they read it.

YMMV

I would take out the word "GORGEOUS" before "decor".
Every other line is just one word....and it kills the flow.
Also, I'd re-arrange the words so all of the "adjectives" are at the top. (Fun, Elegance, Romance)
and leave the two "nouns" at the bottom. (Dancing Decor)
Much like a script, it needs to have a rhythm when they read it.

YMMV

Thanks Mike but I'd already submitted for printing. I did take out the "gorgeous" and made it "The Room Decor?" Still not crazy about it but I wanted to use that room shot. You're probably right about the re-ordering thing. Here's what went to print. My biggest concern is getting the bundle packages priced right AND giving justification for the price. If I remember correctly, I ran 500 of these last year and probably did a piss-poor job on sending them out. I still ended up getting several bookings where I found out the prospect had this card in hand. This year I've run 2000 cards and will be doing a much more substantial mail-out, as well as trying to get my wife to do some hand-deliveries where she can get some F2F time with the other vendors. My gut says these cards produced as much as my weddingwire ad last year and it cost a lot less. My goal this year is to land 15 DJ/Lighting/Photo bundles which should add roughly $20k onto our bottom line.

RackCard2015.jpg

Reactions: Ausumm