NAMM 2015 - New Stuff

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Benefit is you can locate the mixer where the inputs are (on stage) and run it from whatever location makes most sense. You avoid snakes, keep signal lines short and can adjust settings from the audience.

For me, a small unit (like the ones coming from Behringer and others) allows me to bury the unit in the back of my rack and still have access to all the DSP processing for mics and such.

I agree with what you're saying for live duty. For mobile use, now you also have to have another dedicated front end system acting as the mixer. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy mixers with controls vs a mixer 'back end' and then have to buy a front end too? I'm thinking that you could buy 2 quality complete mixers for the price of a good backend / good front end.

Considering most of these are wireless, what do you do if you're in an area where that connection has issues / interference?

Last edited:
With a 3 RU Denon controller, and a 4 RU Rane mixer, there isn't much space for a mixer for karaoke. I need 3+ mic channels and currently use an Allen&Heath ZED12FX which itself takes 10 RU ... I'd like to combine it all together. With a headless mixer in the lower section of my rack, I can place my iPad or iPad Mini (I have both) on the table and control the mixer.

For connectivity, I carry my own router.

Reactions: ittigger
With a 3 RU Denon controller, and a 4 RU Rane mixer, there isn't much space for a mixer for karaoke. I need 3+ mic channels and currently use an Allen&Heath ZED12FX which itself takes 10 RU ... I'd like to combine it all together. With a headless mixer in the lower section of my rack, I can place my iPad or iPad Mini (I have both) on the table and control the mixer.

For connectivity, I carry my own router.

I understand what you're saying. But, like I said - you now have to have an additional dedicated front end, right?

As for your own router, how is that going to help in a space with competing signals and / or signal blockers? FWIW, most venues at this time wont have signal blockers .. but there may be competing / overpowering signals.

I understand what you're saying. But, like I said - you now have to have an additional dedicated front end, right?

As for your own router, how is that going to help in a space with competing signals and / or signal blockers? FWIW, most venues at this time wont have signal blockers .. but there may be competing / overpowering signals.

We use a router at all of our events and i've never had an issue anywhere with competing signals or signal blockers. We use the router to control our lighting wirelessly, Soundboards wirelessly, and even the DJ Software can be controlled through it. Technology is great :)

Nor sure which direction I'll go (that Soundcraft I posted earlier in the thread is nice) but the Behringer has both WiFi and Ethernet connectivity, so I could plug the laptop into it and run the faders in another window if WiFi didn't work for some reason.

XR12_P0BI6_Front_XL.png

Yeah, but they have pills for that.

;)
Pills, shots, dropping little things inside the mmm... mmm... well you know where, pumps, rubber bands and then some :D :D :D

New "Pro" wireless audio solution from Alto .. an addition to their Stealth line ...

View attachment 28375

Cumberland, RI (January 22, 2015)—Alto Professional (altoproaudio.com), the world’s leading innovator for live performance reinforcement products, today announced the expansion of their Stealth Wireless series. The Stealth Wireless Pro is an innovative system that eliminates the need for speaker cabling and offers even greater performance capabilities with additional professional features.

The Alto Professional Stealth Wireless Pro system adds wireless audio connectivity to any active loudspeaker, obviating the necessity for long, complex cable runs, simplifying setup and teardown, saving time—all without any compromise in audio quality. The system works perfectly well through walls, floors and ceilings, providing setup flexibility that far exceeds conventional hard-wired systems.

Stealth Wireless Pro contains a single dual-channel transmitter with a 2-antenna system (either dual mono or stereo switchable) for true diversity operation. A front panel LCD screen with dual frequency display conveniently shows the RF frequency and channel as well as the AF signal level for each channel.

The trim-sized unit is easily 1U rack-mountable, with two units fitting side-by-side in a 19” rack. The included rack kit includes BNC connectors for attaching antennae at the front of the rack. BNC extension cables are also included. This self-contained kit provides a convenient wireless path to carry a stereo audio signal from the main mixing/listening location to the sound system. The Stealth Wireless Series adds wireless connectivity to nearly any active loudspeaker system. In addition, the Stealth Wireless Series greatly reduces the setup time of a travelling or temporary sound system by eliminating the need for lengthy and unsightly cable runs that may otherwise interfere with the dance floor, patrons, or venue staff.

Stealth Wireless Pro can be set for mono or stereo use. Two XLR + balanced TRS 1/4" combo inputs on the transmitter accommodate the main outputs from nearly any mixing board or console. Each of the receiving units has a single XLR output to send the signal to a powered speaker array or a traditional amplifier-and-speaker combo.

Two receivers are included with the system. They feature slim-line metal housings, dual removable and swiveling hinged antennas, delay line functionality and a Feature Lock Switch to prevent unintended operation once the system is configured. The Stealth Wireless Pro Expander Pack provides two additional receivers for adding more loudspeakers to a system and providing increased coverage. The user may add as many expander packs as needed to accommodate any size system.

I would like to purchase one of these, but I can't seem to find the new one. Does anyone know if this has been released yet and where I could buy one? I can find the previous model, but I'd rather buy the new one.

Last edited:
I would suspect by May ... Behringer is the worst at this. They show something at a show and it's available a year later.

now i'm confused is Behringer and Alto the same company?
No .. I just mixed them to see if anyone was paying attention.

Just saying it's fairly common that intros at shows take a few months for products to show up, but some (mainly Behringer) seem to introduce products Wayyy before they're ready for sale.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Reactions: steve149