Weddings Monogram Projector

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I'm considering doing monograms, but am wondering where do most of you display them?

It seems that displaying it on the dancefloor is only cool when the dancefloor is empty. My goal is to keep the dancefloor full & not shining a monogram on the guests.

Is there a preferred place to display it?
Also...How much extra do you charge them for this?

I'm considering doing monograms, but am wondering where do most of you display them?

It seems that displaying it on the dancefloor is only cool when the dancefloor is empty. My goal is to keep the dancefloor full & not shining a monogram on the guests.

Is there a preferred place to display it?
Also...How much extra do you charge them for this?

I don't think the point is to (necessarily) have the monogram viewable all night. The point of putting it on the dance floor is initial punch (presentation) as the guests enter the room and perhaps to add an elegant touch during dinner. My .02

Looks great. I'm new to monograms via a projector (I currently use moving heads for monogram projection) Any tips on the best way to design them. I always thought when projected from a projector there would be the rectangle of the outer jpeg image, but I see that's not the case from the images already posted. Hope that made sense.

Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Looks great. I'm new to monograms via a projector (I currently use moving heads for monogram projection) Any tips on the best way to design them. I always thought when projected from a projector there would be the rectangle of the outer jpeg image, but I see that's not the case from the images already posted. Hope that made sense.

Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Is this logo designer, in Scotland, Scotch?

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm just getting started in mobile dj-ing and I definitely want to include monograms to my services. The photos look great. I like the idea of being able to design something on photoshop and then just load that into the projector. Someone was saying SD card? Is that where the "special media box" comes into play that we're not supposed to talk about? I'm assuming I would need an SD card slot on my computer that I'd be designing on as well? Do computers even have those anymore? I'm looking at this older laptop I'm on (which I'm looking to upgrade soon) and this one slot might be one lol. Is that the only option for displaying images from Photoshop?
I'm trying gto price projectors online and some are under $400...some are a grand. I guess what I'm asking, is what specs does my projector need to be in order to produce images in this thread and what does the special media box accomplish?

Some projectors will take a flash drive and there are media players you can use, but an older laptop or netbook is sufficient (unless you are doing video as well). You can get 25+ foot VGA/DVI cables to run to the projector unless it needs to be placed in an awkward spot.

I read about the 2000 lumes part but what other specs does my projector need in order to produce the stuff in those pics?

Some projectors will take a flash drive and there are media players you can use, but an older laptop or netbook is sufficient (unless you are doing video as well). You can get 25+ foot VGA/DVI cables to run to the projector unless it needs to be placed in an awkward spot.
Do I need to laptop in order to display the event at the gig? I was hoping I could just have the projector display the image. Is that where the special media box comes into play?

Yes, without a laptop, you'll need something to generate the image. Some projectors can do it internally with a plugged in flash drive or SD card. Other would require a device to generate the proper VGA/DVI/component/HDMI image.

The USB connection appears to be to a PC/laptop.

Big Props to Keith for helping me get started in monogram projection. Another hit with my brides-to-be...with another simple avenue to increase gig profits.

I'm all about trying to create shortcuts when setting up and wanted to create a way to easily set up the monogram projector. Out of the box, up in the air and projecting a custom monogram, in less than 5 minutes.

In Storage: Im super impressed with your monogram setup and would love some pointers in how to set it up. Hope you can help me , I've just signed up with these forums and I'm not quite sure how the work. Email [email protected]

47789d86.jpg

With customized bracket installed and 'special media box' attached to the back. (Media box details withheld by request from the person who told me about it. But, do your homework and you'll find one that does the trick.) The bracket slides right into a standard pole mount and I secure it with a bolt & nut. All cording is velcroed on the back side of the pole and run down to bottom of the stand where they are plugged into a outlet which is permanently mounted to the stand. (Stand is dedicated to monogram projection) You can't see the white media box from the front, but I may tape things off and paint it black at a later date.

I use Photoshop to create my monograms and load them onto a SD card for the media box.

649ddf58.jpg

ae889bd9.jpg