Weddings Looking for upbeat reception dinner music

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Cantaloop,, USB

I play what I call "B" songs,,,songs that are good, but nothing I would play during dinner.

I get a great response when I play Savacito - Malo

I do not like to play Vocals during dinner hours or as background music. Melody is what counts the most in my opinion. There are lots of upbeat Jazz and New Age version Music of popular songs. The Hidden Beach Series is a prime example of upbeat songs done Hip Hop style!

Good call man!! Never heard of these guys, just bought 10 of their songs...love em'. Any other unique ideas?

Good call man!! Never heard of these guys, just bought 10 of their songs...love em'. Any other unique ideas?

David Sanborn: I Told U So
Pyramid
Stanley Jordan: (I love them all)
Artists on the GRP Label: All excellent music. I need to make a master list from my DJ laptop. This is my Business PC.

I play upbeat songs with a love theme during the meal, starting with medium tempo songs and progressing thru medium fast to faster songs towards the end of the meal to get people out of their seats and on the dance floor.

Some of my favorites are:

I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
Moondance- Michael Buble
That's Amore by Dean Martin (you know it's gonna be a good nite when the guests sing along)
LOVE by Nat King Cole
Kiss is on My List- Kenny Loggins

I can't think of any more right now but you get the idea

I play upbeat songs with a love theme during the meal, starting with medium tempo songs and progressing thru medium fast to faster songs towards the end of the meal to get people out of their seats and on the dance floor.

Some of my favorites are:

Kiss is on My List- Kenny Loggins

I can't think of any more right now but you get the idea

Hall & Oates, maybe? :sqconfused:

Unless your thinking of Kenny Loggins "Heart to Heart" or "Too Early For The Sun"?:sqwink:

Hall & Oates, maybe? :sqconfused:

I told you I wasn't thinking when I posted this, lol. You are right, Hall & Oates is correct. I fired up the ol' CPS and here are some more songs I use during dinner

Medium tempo-
I Got You Under My Skin - Michael Buble
Cherish- Kool & Gang
You're Nobody Till Somebody Love You - Dean Martin
How Sweet It Is - James Taylor
My Girl - Temptations
I Got You Babe - Sonny & Cher

Medium Fast tempo-
Love Is A Wonderful Thing - Michael Bolton
Love Will Keep Us Together - Cpt & Tennille
A Love Song - Kenny Loggins
I'm Sitting On Top Of The World - Dean Martin
Sway - Dean Martin
I've Got The World On A String - Sinatra
Loves Me Like A Rock - Paul Simon
I Just Called To Say I Loved You - Stevie Wonder
My Cherie Amor - Stevei Wonder

We need a bigger list i think

Here is a few

Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug
Dean Martin - Ain't That A Kick In The Head
Beatles - All my Lovin'
American Breed - Bend Me Shape Me
Backman Turner OD - Takin' Care Of Business
Beach Boys - California Girls not that fast, but up beat feeling
Mambo Italiano
Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me

There are a bunch of great SOCA songs that would be good that you could mix in too.

If you like Mike Phillip's Hidden Beach Unwrapped series (there's five of them now..) you'll probably also like the "Streetwize" albums, a project by Kim Waters and friends. Very nice.

I have also had good luck with "A Twist of Motown" by Lee Ritenour. Check it out.

I give my wedding clients several suggested genres to choose from to use for Cocktail and dinner music. They are:
"Sinatra Style" (Frank through Buble)
"Classic Jazz" (Coltrane, Brubeck, etc.)
"Smooth Jazz" (Dave Koz, Norman Brown, Wayman Tisdale, etc.)
"Urban Jazz" (Hidden Beach & Streetwize)
"Rocktails" (Love songs from the 60's-80's)
"Mocktails" (Modern Rock love themed selections)
I have also used "Big Band" when it was requested.
They can also mix and match. I, too plug in the non-dancables from the B&G & guests requests whenever I can.
I love mixing cocktail & dinner music... the Days of Kenny G's greatest Hits are long gone!
Thanks to all for the suggestions.. I'm going to add some of these to my playlists.

Here's a new dinner gem (not for receptions) I found on Amazon.com:

"Midnight Man" by Renee Olmstead - nice upbeat, a slower swing type song

Here's a new dinner gem (not for receptions) I found on Amazon.com:

"Midnight Man" by Renee Olmstead - nice upbeat, a slower swing type song
Almost anything by Renee is good for dinner. What a voice on that pretty little red head. She's not a bad actress either.