Lavalier mics advice please

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
I am building a new ceremony system, and I would like to have the ability to use up to 4 wireless mics, but want to keep everything compacts as possible, does anyone make a decent dual wireless set up that comes with decent lav mics, my goal would be to have to Lav mics and two handhelds in as little space as possible, I would prefer that this set up be rack mountable. I currently have some GTD audio 7 series wireless handheld that have actually a really good mic but the lavs aren't great would simply switching the actual microphone make an improvement they just don't seem to pic up very well.

Depends on how much you want to spend. The Shure BLX188CVL is supposed to be a decent system from what I have heard. I believe the BLX replaced the PG system.

prod_img_blx188cvl_l.jpg

For me, I'm looking into the AKG DMStetrad Quad system. 4 channel receiver, digital, 1 rack space. They had an earlier version that was susceptible to dropout .. this version is supposed to have fixed that.

AKG-DMSTETHHBB_F.jpg

Last edited:
I am building a new ceremony system, and I would like to have the ability to use up to 4 wireless mics, but want to keep everything compacts as possible, does anyone make a decent dual wireless set up that comes with decent lav mics, my goal would be to have to Lav mics and two handhelds in as little space as possible, I would prefer that this set up be rack mountable. I currently have some GTD audio 7 series wireless handheld that have actually a really good mic but the lavs aren't great would simply switching the actual microphone make an improvement they just don't seem to pic up very well.

Switch to a better quality element if you want. I believe the plugs are shure-compatible. The GTD bodypacks appear to be a lot stronger than most all of the mid-tier or less name brands.

Reactions: tunes4046