Keeping your website updated

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
OK, so what do you change on your website to keep it updated, and how often do you make changes just to keep it fresh?

Just speaking from my opinion, keeping it updated (i.e. changing stuff) is what you want to do for clients. I'd say several times per year on that. Adding content is what keeps churning you to the top of google. That's the stuff you want to be adding each week. I've been pretty sucky at keeping up but I think blogs are the way to go on adding content. It also gives prospective clients a good reason to keep coming back.

Yea I am planning to keep the blog going at least once a month, and adding new photos is not much of an issue either, but it is hard to continue re-wording the static content. Like the text on the landing page, etc. On the page where you list services, I guess you can change the order of the list unless you can always come up with something new to offer the client (ahem Rick Ryan). I actually booked a client last week who said she specifically chose me over other DJ's because the "site just looked fun!" SO I want to keep the momentum going.

I update my 'Pictures' page after every event. Does that count?

A little trick on pics that will boost you on google (forgive me if I've shared this before). Copy all the images to your hard drive, highlight them all in windows explorer, right-click, then rename. Rename the photo files using every keyword that helps to get you hits:

RickRyan_Nashville_Franklin_Wedding_DJ_Disc_Jockey_Lighting_Photobooth_Photography_Bowling_Monogram

After you hit enter, it'll rename all you files and add a number to the end of each file. Upload those to your web server and link to your page. I had a mitzvah client ask me last year "How do you get your photos so high in google? You're completely dominating the market and we've been looking at your pictures for months."

Nice idea, Rick.
And I've been working on adding a blog to my page.
Even if I just use it to post pics from my events, it's new content and it makes me look busy.