Karaoke players for Mac?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger
Kjams lite would work great for a basic player....

One thing that I don't like about even the Pro version is the search function is slow unless you use special searching terms.... such as Artist:U2 for example... this makes the software only search for the term U2 in the Artist column instead of all visible columns as per their wiki page.

But.....

The Pro version has a built in server that allows you to use their iPhone/iPad app to access the DB and to also ad yourself to the rotations.

Which in a home setup may be ideal.... leave the computer in autoplay and let the kids pick songs via the iPad app and the computer just maintains a rotation and displays whos singing next etc.... like a jukebox.

PS the Pro version has it's own ripping tool and will automatically rename files as you name them in the browser kinda like iTunes.

Last edited:
The Just Karaoke 2.0 search is pretty good .. and I have 12,000+ karaoke files. For purely home use, the KJams Lite may be fine. For doing an actual show, where you need singer control, the JK2 is pretty good. One feature I like is the optional remote request station. You can run a laptop or small touch system or even a smartphone to have people look through your song catalog and send their requests into the admin console where you can place it directly in queue if you want.

Reactions: jokerswild