JBL PRX715 speakers anyone?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
On par with the EV ETX line.

Good price .. my go to place is $765.

Hey Steve, how would you rate the 715 against the 712? I'm almost always using subs and wondering if the 12s wouldn't be just as effective.

If you always or mostly use subs, I find a 12" top is cleaner in the mid-range than a 15" is (in general). You do lose a little lower end, so if you use them without subs more than 30% of the time, I would opt for the 15". I went to 12" tops from 15" for the cleaner sound .. and I'm willing to lose a little bass for those times I only use a set of tops.

My next buy is a set of 8" or 10" tops (probably 10" and probably the Yamaha DXR10). I want to see how they work with a small set of subs (my Yamaha DXS12s) for a small-mid size system.

If you always or mostly use subs, I find a 12" top is cleaner in the mid-range than a 15" is (in general). You do lose a little lower end, so if you use them without subs more than 30% of the time, I would opt for the 15". I went to 12" tops from 15" for the cleaner sound .. and I'm willing to lose a little bass for those times I only use a set of tops.

I've noticed the same thing on 12s working better with subs and I rarely ever go with just tops. Looks like weight is about the same but a smaller cabinet size is good for visual impact. I prefer my speakers to be heard, not seen. Any idea on what these 12s will sell for (best deal)?

I can get the PRX712m for $685 .. about the same as I paid for the PRX612m a few years back. ETX12p I'm showing at $900.