InMusic .. parent company of Numark .. buys Denon

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Well, for quite some time now, Denon has been pushing Serato and Engine (their software), so VDJ support might be a little tougher to get, but they definitely won't ignore it, since VDJ users make up a substantial portion of the market.

The parent is just a holding company - it doesn't produce anything. All these brands are still separate companies and make up a portfolio of investments. The mongoloid nature of these lines is not going to suddenly be dissolved - that would defeat the purpose of acquiring them. Change would be in economies of scale particularly around access to wholesale & retail outlets, distributors, warehouse and transportation, supply chain, etc.

Piece-meal product changes aren't effective - you'd see the entirety of a poor performing brand liquidated and folded into another.

I had a feeling Denon would be bought at some point..... don't know why, but I just did. But I thought maybe Yamaha or Pioneer would buy them, not Numark.

I had a feeling Denon would be bought at some point..... don't know why, but I just did. But I thought maybe Yamaha or Pioneer would buy them, not Numark.

I would have guessed Behringer.

Reactions: DJ Wes
Since these guys a gobbling up each other. Behringer should make a move for Gemini.

I would hope they would want to move upscale instead ... :rolleyes: .. maybe they'll grab Rane.

Ok .. Ok .. Not Rane .. Let's say Technical Pro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJ JohnThe1
Is this another "Holding Group"? To me, the only commitment of a holding group is to play games with the books.

Denon DJ makes great products and I'd hate to see them disappear or dilute their brand.

Well I got my new gear a few days ago, now I need to go pick up a Geiger Counter as the shipping boxes were made in Fukushima LOL!!! Radioactive Twinkies :D :D :D