Idiot proof set up

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I don't think I will ever be a Bose user I demoed a pair for a month, they sound great but it was quicker to set up my powered tops over sub set up than the bose,

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I have a DCX2496 (the same unit I was talking about above) that has a password feature. Non of the settings can be messed with unless you have the password. So once I set up a r4oom I lock down the unit.

Very true pro, however I find that I can either choose someone with good gear knowledge or good musical knowledge, its very rare to find both together and it is much easier to train someone to use the gear.

Reactions: ittigger
The Denon DN MC 6000 is not a mixer. It's a controller. There is a difference. With a mixer you need an outside source to play the music. This unit (which I have) is an all in one. Except for that it doesn't have special effects built into the unit.

Lord, here we go again. If it's an 'All In One', then it's a controller AND a mixer. I don't know why you can't grasp that concept.

I have a feeling it will remain that way until they come up with a different word for an all in one, like Conixer .. or Mixtroller.

Last edited:
Lord, here we go again. If it's an 'All In One', then it's a controller AND a mixer. I don't know why you can't grasp that concept.

Just like 750 for a SBC W/P :D :D :D

Tunes how will you go through the process of finding someone to work those bar gigs that knows what they are doing and won't cost you your bar gigs? Also is this something that the owners will agree to or will they want you specifically? If you pull this off how much will the person covering the bar for you get paid and what will be your take for this? What are these bar gigs like? Music, place itself and the people that come to these bars? Is one of these places a club and not a bar?

Mix, it's called a contract. You bring people in that you think can perform the job. If they are not doing well, you bring in someone else. The owners (customer) shouldn't care .. as it's a contract between Business A and Business B. The customer may care if the person working isn't performing to a standard .. but then it's between Tunes and the customer on how to resolve any issues. How much you pay people that work for you is up to you. How much you charge is up to you. Type of venue or venue customers doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
Tunes how will you go through the process of finding someone to work those bar gigs that knows what they are doing and won't cost you your bar gigs? Also is this something that the owners will agree to or will they want you specifically? If you pull this off how much will the person covering the bar for you get paid and what will be your take for this? What are these bar gigs like? Music, place itself and the people that come to these bars? Is one of these places a club and not a bar?
see itiggers comments for the correct answers to your questions

Mix, it's called a contract. You bring people in that you think can perform the job. If they are not doing well, you bring in someone else. The owners (customer) shouldn't care .. as it's a contract between Business A and Business B. The customer may care if the person working isn't performing to a standard .. but then it's between Tunes and the customer on how to resolve any issues. How much you pay people that work for you is up to you. How much you charge is up to you. Type of venue / customers doesn't really matter.
For me I need to know what I'm getting myself into. I need to know if it's a place I want to work at. I need to know what style of music they want played. I would also like to check the place out first hand before agreeing to work there. That means checking out the owner as well because some owners can be a pita to work for. I just like being careful as some really wild things have happened in bars. Somethings making the TV news. Making money is nice but not worth having to take a trip to the police station to be questioned as to what happened in the place. I'm sure Tunes4046;1356362 won't set a person up in a place like that but you never know what could happen with a bunch of drinking people in a bar.

For me I need to know what I'm getting myself into. I need to know if it's a place I want to work at. I need to know what style of music they want played. I would also like to check the place out first hand before agreeing to work there. That means checking out the owner as well because some owners can be a pita to work for. I just like being careful as some really wild things have happened in bars. Somethings making the TV news. Making money is nice but not worth having to take a trip to the police station to be questioned as to what happened in the place. I'm sure Tunes4046;1356362 won't set a person up in a place like that but you never know what could happen with a bunch of drinking people in a bar.
I live in rural Wisconsin not the hood, I don't have to worry about "things" happening in bars where I live and work, there's always a pretty good chance of a bar fight at the redneck bars I play at, there's also a pretty good chance whoever was fighting will be buying each other drinks and be friends an hour later. we do do bar work on handshakes and trust around here, I am more likely to have a problem with a private function client than a bar owner.

Everything you ask comes out during contract negotiations / discussions. Not sure how you can 'check out the owner' if you've never worked for them before. Wild things can happen anywhere, at anytime, for any reason. The only way to avoid this is to stay home. One of the members here was on the way to an event and got into a pretty severe accident. You never know what can nor will happen.

Mix, it's called a contract. You bring people in that you think can perform the job. If they are not doing well, you bring in someone else. The owners (customer) shouldn't care .. as it's a contract between Business A and Business B. The customer may care if the person working isn't performing to a standard .. but then it's between Tunes and the customer on how to resolve any issues. How much you pay people that work for you is up to you. How much you charge is up to you. Type of venue / customers doesn't really matter.

One night during Karaoke night around 12:30 the bar in Orange NJ got robbed. 2 guys came in and cased the bar. They left out and the dummies came back in with mask on and proceeded to rob the bar. They fired a shot in the ceiling. I don't know if they ever got caught. A night where you expect such a thing but it happened.

One night during Karaoke night around 12:30 the bar in Orange NJ got robbed. 2 guys came in and cased the bar. They left out and the dummies came back in with mask on and proceeded to rob the bar. They fired a shot in the ceiling. I don't know if they ever got caught. A night where you expect such a thing but it happened.
Once I had a guy ride his horse into the bar, that was pretty cool. and a least a dozen times I have seen motorcycles ridden into the bar. Mix you have to realize that many people don't live in the inner city type of neighborhoods you do, in rural America we still trust people until you give us a reason not to trust you.

Reactions: steve149
From time I have spent in the inner city, most people give you the benefit of the doubt there too. There's no way that any bar owner (or other) can guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen in their facility. Regardless, YOU .. are solely responsible for your own security.

Tunes4046 something you mentioned that would turn me off and not have me wanting to play in a place is someone getting into a fight and a hour later buying each other a drink and making up. I'm at the age where I don't care to be in places like that. I don't care if it's a rural area or big city. Such places are places I care not to play at.

Occasionally someone will almost want to start a fight in the bar in Orange. That's the reason why the owner hired a guy to be security standing at the front door. He's a very nice man. Real cool guy but also a very big guy as well. I mean really tall and really big!

I've played there when someone will try to start some mess but it is quickly handled. I hate that I still have to keep playing but the manager will tell me to start playing again. Once they got a bit out of hand and I got on the mic telling them if they damage my gear I was going to kick some ass. I normally don't do such a thing but I lost it that time.