How would you respond?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
No offense taken. I respect people looking for a deal. The problem I have is when they throw it in your face in an effort to pressure you into low-balling your price. If they ask for a discount nicely, kudos, here it is. If they try the manipulation routine, you can bet your last dollar they'll be the PITA that you're telling stories about the following week. It's my opinion that the clients I've bent over backwards for (price-wise) are the ones who respect and appreciate what we do the least.

I did that when I went car shopping ... I played one dealer against the other, since the product was the same and the service was the same, I wanted them to know that I didn't value the "experience" as much as they did. I have no issue with that.

Reactions: ittigger
The difference with that is you would be driving the SAME car. With DJs, choosing to go with a different DJ will most likely get you a completely different experience.

No doubt .. but not to a customer who is looking for "just a DJ".

STEVE JUST CALLED US ALL A BUNCH OF CAR SALESMEN!!!

(sits back with bag of popcorn, evil laugh)

No, Steve implied you ought to be marketing yourself as something OTHER than "just a DJ".

Though, actually, if you sell the right car, it may be a worthwhile profession. :popcorn:

Reactions: ittigger
The reason I bought my car where I did was because of the service. I didn't care about the upfront 'experience'. I cared about the reliability .. and the service.