Weddings Hiring an older DJ?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Next month I'll be 55 and I'm glad. I'm happy that when I have a hair cut and a shave I look much younger. People get amazed when I tell them my age.

I got my hair cut last July, and shaved a couple months ago :)

I may even take a shower one of these days, if I can get the deer out of the well, where he is decomposing nicely...

My issue is simple -- a grown, almost 60 year old man, should not be playing for 14-16 year old kids. It's kind of weird that you would target that market...

It's not weird.
How old was Dick Clark when HE was still entertaining teenagers?
And sometimes having a DJ who is too close to the age of the kids is MORE dangerous!
Like a 20-something DJ spinning for a bunch of High School kids!

Take 50 guys who are almost 60 years old...and 50 guys who are just 21.
Which group would you think has a greater amount of raging hormones?

Reactions: 3 people
It's not weird.
How old was Dick Clark when HE was still entertaining teenagers?
And sometimes having a DJ who is too close to the age of the kids is MORE dangerous!
Like a 20-something DJ spinning for a bunch of High School kids!

Take 50 guys who are almost 60 years old...and 50 guys who are just 21.
Which group would you think has a greater amount of raging hormones?

The older group -- why, because they can't get the young chicks anymore.

Just a thought, but do you see many chicks on this board anymore? You got Val, who can certainly hold her own, Cyn who I imagine is pretty tough as well. Most of the gals get chased off because the horny old men...

There's a time when you have to move on to other pastures, get out your rocking chair, and leave the past behind.

So, I will agree to disagree :)

Reactions: 2 people
No .. many of the females recently left due to some pretty bigoted comments by a few here, not horny old guys.

No .. many of the females recently left due to some pretty bigoted comments by a few here, not horny old guys.

Isn't that sort of the same thing...?

I've been on here since about 2006 or so, and almost every time a chick comes on here, some of the guys go crazy, start PM'ing them, start looking them up on FB and other sites, emailing them, etc.

I've heard it from my customers -- many of whom are chicks.

Isn't that sort of the same thing...?

I've been on here since about 2006 or so, and almost every time a chick comes on here, some of the guys go crazy, start PM'ing them, start looking them up on FB and other sites, emailing them, etc.

I've heard it from my customers -- many of whom are chicks.

Maybe its just me but why would you want to pm, face book, email, them, in general conversation here with them should be all you need

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe its just me but why would you want to pm, face book, email, them, in general conversation here with them should be all you need

That's my point.

A lot of them get creeped out, when some of the guys start coming on to them -- so most leave and go somewhere else. I think that's a shame. Many of the younger ones come here looking for help and advice, and then they end up getting stalked.

Facebook is even worse.

Responding to the Quote in Redhot's post in #48, (not the Post itself): Its almost laughable how the conversation changes to deflect blame. I don't get to see the majority of it because my Ignore Button is in Active Mode. People forget that two wrongs don't make a right.

Okay, Rick,
I too will agree to disagree with your opinion about the hormones of DJ's.
But please consider this issue from the client's point of view.
Many young brides want young, hip DJ's, as a way of making a statement with their guests.
But I'd bet the school administrator feels more confident hiring an older, more mature DJ for school dances.

And sorry, I just aint buying your logic about female DJ's leaving this site.
Perhaps the conversations here are a bit sexist. (okay....mostly sexist)
But I can't imagine they are being stalked, and no one ever hears about it. (even the moderators)
In fact, I don't see many new females coming here to begin with.

I thought I brought sexy back.

Some say I was the original Justin Timberlake ... unfortunately, most of those have been committed and the remaining have been taking to calling me Sonny.

Reactions: 3 people