High Performance Speakers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ahoustondj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
These have some high SPL and impressive Specs. Especially great for Indoor/Outdoor Applications

http://www.worxaudio.com/series/wave-series/

15A.jpg

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I couldn't find a dealer listed or a price online, so maybe they are specialty sales through installers or such?

I'm pretty sure I heard these a while back at a live show... I was wondering what they were If it's the same ones they are very warm sounding they remind me much of an EV top end speaker

"Especially great for Indoor/Outdoor Applications" -> Isn't that pretty much everything? :p:
Nope not everything! Have you never heard about thermal shutdown on some speakers especially used outdoors. Prime suspects are QSC and EV ZXA.
There are some speakers that can play in blistering sun or rain downpours.

Last edited:
Thermal shutdown with passive speakers? I believe you are referring to Active speakers. The speakers you have shown are passive. Most passive's play well indoors and outdoors without thermal issues - yes, even in the blistering sun. Most passive speakers across most mfr's will have issues in downpours. Will they play? Most likely. Should your equipment be getting wet? Most likely not.

In addition, most Active speakers explicitly warn about operating them in direct sunlight, nothing about using them outdoors. On the active side, I don't know which QSC you speak of - but my QSC's have operated fine indoors and outdoors. I don't have the ZLX so I can't comment on it - but my EV's have also been error free.

Last edited:
We use active speakers outdoors, often unprotected from the sun...
and I've never seen one shut down.
EV, Mackie and/or QSC.

Reactions: ittigger
We use active speakers outdoors, often unprotected from the sun...
and I've never seen one shut down.
EV, Mackie and/or QSC.
I did say "some" speakers. Did you read and comprehend? ;)

Yes, I did comprehend. And I didn't specifically say you were wrong.
I was simply sharing MY experience...just as you were sharing yours.
What's with the attitude?
Oh wait, you added the ";) "...so I guess that makes it okay.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
indoor/outdoor makes me think of a kind of carpet. Looks like a good speaker, carpet or not. Kind of heavy compared to other speakers out there.