Hi Everybody

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

mikelov

DJ
Feb 23, 2015
Having quite figured out how to post so, I will have to do my best under confessions. I'm very new to this dj profession but I always love a good scratching session and music l. My name is Mike. (Djmikelov) still in the works. I brought 2 turntables and a mixer. Turntables are Stanton t60 and mixer is Numark Dxm06. Good products, I think. Just to get started would anyone recommend the rane Scratch live 1?? And anything else I would need to just start my dj career. Still looking for speakers and all other accessories.

uploadfromtaptalk1424888999372.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424889017903.jpg

Welcome aboard. Lots of good info here and very knowledgeable people. Best of luck! p.s. I would suggest using the 'search' feature before asking questions. Just a little tip for ya. My first bit of advice would be to work/network with an established DJ in your area.

Scratch live 1 is not compatible with Serato's newest software so I would not invest in a dead end product. You have many options if you want to try the DVS route, including an almost free option (MIXXX). Although serato is considered industry standard I would consider Virtual DJ since you have more hardware options.

And welcome to the forum...

Welcome to candy land. Please keep your arms and legs (or flippers) inside the vehicle at all times. Also, don't feed joker after midnight (or give him water). Have you seen Gremlins? I rest my case.

You will find lots of info here.

Setups and styles will vary based on what it is that YOU want to do, like and are interested in.

Reactions: drzinc
Welcome Mike it's a great environment here have fun and enjoy

Tell us a bit about yourself

Reactions: drzinc
A little about myself. I'm 28 and live in Minneapolis mn, with my gf of 15 months. We are looking to make more income so I decided to start with being a dj for small parties then work my way up to weddings. My gf would like to do photography and make it a business. I spent time in Tennessee, Arizona and Las Vegas. Looking to get to know my local djs, so if anyone is close, I'm down to make new friends.