Help choosing between two systems

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
I will be purchasing a new "small" system for smaller events soon I am really leaning towards the new RCF Evox8 set up however also on my radar is a Yamaha DXR8 over DXS12 rig which is a little less expensive over all

I can tell ya in a couple of weeks ... bought and waiting for the EVOX .. have the DXS12 (though don't have the DXR8). Was going to get a pair of the DXR 10s (I thought they sounded better than the 8s when I auditioned them side by side .. so did the Yamaha rep).

I've never heard the Yamaha system, but I can tell you that the RCF Evox is amazing and I would recommend that system to anyone.

I keep hearing great things about this system. I need to find one to listen to near me so I can hear it for myself.

I've heard the RCF system and it sounds great! I don't know about for smaller events. That system sounded like it would actually sound great in a pretty large room. Obviously not meant for a room the size of a big ballroom but certainly more than enough for a nice size room! The RCF system may cost more but look at it this way. You'll be getting RCF which you know is top of the line! I have a pair of DSR tops and subs. The tops are 15" and the subs 18". They also sound dynamite as well. Yes you'll save money buying the Yamahas but in your case you're doing enough gigs paying you good money that you will be able to recoupe your money from buying the RCF system in no time. Just my 2 cents.