Getting ODJT on a tablet

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

dunlopj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 14, 2008
Belair MD
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and I'm having trouble accessing this web sire using it.

It suggested I get the taptalk app, but I can't get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Works fine on an iPad and iPad mini.

Reactions: dunlopj
. Taptalk works great for me and I have been using it for years with my phone.What is it not letting you do? I also have a tab 4 tablet and Taptalk work great.

I'm not sure. I'll try it again tonight. If I remember correctly, I did not see a place to log in.

When you install Tapatalk, you create an account .. then you add your forums (through the search) and add your logins at that time for each one.

It has been a while since I installed it but I believe you need to create a Taptalk ID then search for ODJT then sign in with ODJT name and password. Once you have it set up you can add a widget to your home screen to go right to the forum. A ton of forums use Taptalk and it makes it a lot better and faster than using a browser plus you can set different preferences for each forum you have such as displaying unread post. I think Taptalk is the only app from the play store I have ever paid for. Hope this helps

Wow lots of work with my windows tablet i just brows like normal....

Reactions: Dan The Man
You can do that on the iPad as well .. the Tapatalk app just condenses all forums to one main screen so you can see feeds from more than 1 at a time. Plus it's designed for a handheld device .. a little easier for some stuff.

You can skip over the TapaTalk install and use the browser if you like. ODJT looks and preforms well on Android's Chrome and the Kindle's Silk browser. You should be able to get Chrome on the Galaxy Tab if it's not already the default.

I removed Tapatalk from my phone after they had a security breach recently. I don't like a 3rd party storing my credentials especially when they have admin permissions (like here).

Until I get admin permissions .. I'm good .. :)

Reactions: Dan The Man
tried it then removed it - accounts still there for now