Gear Walking Away From Events?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
I hate it when walk for no reason, a good friend of mine had ran over and hugged a damn oak tree that walked across the street. :D :D :D :D Them things should be monitored ;)

I hate it when walk for no reason, a good friend of mine had ran over and hugged a damn oak tree that walked across the street. :D :D :D :D Them things should be monitored ;)

Sounds like your friend was in the "happy zone" and should have been monitored.

Reactions: ittigger and DJ SVO
may be an idea for battery powered lights.

I haven't had any issues with someone taking any, but i've heard it's happened.

Does it locate the sticker, or just send you an alert? In the middle (or even end) of a gig, 150' in any direction is a big space to find a piece of equipment

Not sure .. might still be nice to know something has moved.

Hopefully, the signal from the locater won't affect a wireless DMX transmission.

Reactions: DJ SVO
Hopefully, the signal from the locater won't affect a wireless DMX transmission.

Maybe it can trigger a stun gun and knocks the crap out of the thief :D :D :D

In 20-ish years, I've "lost"....

- a couple armloads of various cables (xlr, patch, speaker, power...each with a unique story for sure)
- more power strips that I even want to think about (mostly "loaned" out to other people and never returned...people suck!)
- more flashlights than I care to think about (generally left in the DJ booth, and they wander off mid weekend)
- several dozen partially used rolls of gaff tape (these almost certainly grew legs...people suck!)
- a pair of speaker stands in a gig bag (I still have NO idea how I managed to leave without them...but c'est la vie)
- a few CD wallets (I carried a "full load" of CDs until about 2002-ish....almost everything I lost were CD-R's not originals...thankfully)
- a hand truck (this one REALLY hurt - it "wandered off" sometime in the middle of a 6 day event and I did not notice until the loadout on Day 6 - I would up "borrowing" two hotel carts for about 8 hours during the teardown and loadout)

While I would like the list to be shorter....overall, I am not terribly pissed about any of that stuff (except the handtruck....if I ever find that bastard....grrrrrrr). I have never lost any electronics, wireless systems, speakers, laptops, controllers, etc. So, while its still frustrating, it is hardly the end of the world.

Reactions: Ausumm
I had a wireless mic (Sennheiser EW135) disappear one time - and it pissed me off completely as I always put stuff in the same place - I thought I was losing my mind. At some point, the client (CEO of a roofing company) asked me to get the show rolling and I told him I couldn't find my mic - and he saw where it was last as well. So before the party started, I stood in the middle of the floor and announced that my mic is missing and if it doesn't turn up in the next 2 minutes, I'm packing up and will bill them for the mic.

Within 10 seconds, a guy gets up and walks over to the CEO and reaches into his jacket (which was on a chair) and pulls the mic out. They were hoping he would leave with it and find it over the weekend .. at my cost! Luckily (knock wood), I've not had anything else taken.

Reactions: Ausumm
I have my way of stopping things walking

either the first PIC or the second below

ea5d0724.jpg

or this GUY watching
ape-with-gun.jpg

Is that you Dennis?

yep undercover :)

Reactions: ittigger