Games - followup info

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
You guys may remember me mentioning the JackBox party pack. I bought it a couple of days ago. Download the party pack (5 games) for $25 fpr PC. They have it for a number of platforms including Xbox, Playstation, etc. etc.

91rTaHDKGjL.png
Setup is simple, just install it on your internet-connected laptop and run it on a 2nd screen (projector). As for the games, all except "Lie Swatter" max out at 8 players. Perhaps you could have one game player per table but it strikes me as a no-go. Now "Lie Swatter" is a bit different. Up to 100 players and they use their smartphone as a controller. The only downside is that some of the questions are perhaps a bit too adult for kid events. If they had a kid-friendly version, I'd be using this at Mitzvahs this year, no doubt. For the adult crowd however I think this thing holds some real possibilities. You could hook up a projector or TV feed from your laptop and run audio through your sound system. It's a bit light on the music so you might want to mix in a music bed. Hey, at least try to make it look like you're doing something, right?

The game asks a series of questions, the follows with a "Truth/Lie?" question. It then updates a scoreboard and displays it between each question. My take is this could be a real winner and brain-dead simple to use. Corporate parties, adult birthdays, clubs, etc. I could easily see this being a nice package you put together for nightclubs. Play the game earlier then transition into dance. Check it out.

are there legal ramifications of using these game systems and programing in a for profit situation???

Real DJs play Music not Games! ;)