For Those Who Use Trailers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Most trailer manufacturers have data online for gear they sell and it is likely attainable by the reviewing the model's information. What make & model did you acquire?. Additionally, I'll second the recommendation of the Gorilla hitch lock.

I bought a used one off of a friend. Not sure of the model number or make...I only looked it over to see what it needed.
As for the lock, YES!
I bought a puck-style door-latch lock, locks for the coupler and the hitch mount, a lock for the coupler when it NOT in use...
and I bought a wheel/tire boot to put on it when it's parked.
Not to mention new wheels/tires and a whole new light package.
I just need a day at his house to put on the lights and the tires, then a trip to the notary to make it legal.
(once I buy the correct hitch ball)

Most small enclosed trailers use 2" balls. Larger tandem axle use 2 5/16 balls. About the only thing you see anymore with 1 7/8 is the very small open utility trailers. If you do not need a drawbar with a drop or a raise, you can get a straight draw bar that has all three balls mounted around a single drawbar at many retailers.

Reese Towpower Triple Ball Mount (less than $40.00 bucks) and you can hitch up to most anything.

Reactions: Ron
It appears I might need a slight drop to keep the trailer level.
If I end up getting te car I want next year, I'll definitely need a drop,
as it's taller than my cu-rrent vehicle.
Guess I'll go with the 2" ball.

Reese Towpower Triple Ball Mount (less than $40.00 bucks) and you can hitch up to most anything.

Agreed, i have one of these since we do have multiple trailers and it solves the issue, just spin it to match whichever size you need since it has all 3 on there that will fit most trailers. I picked mine up at Tractor Supply but I believe you could even probably just pick one up at Walmart.

Reactions: Ausumm
Only problem with the triple ball mount,
is that it has no rise/drop.
Just ordered this from Walmart for $19.

untitled.png

Reactions: Loneavenger
Only problem with the triple ball mount,
is that it has no rise/drop.
Just ordered this from Walmart for $19.

View attachment 27823

They also have a decent selection of trailer parts at Home Depot and Lowes (Tractor Supply has even more). I have the same Reese setup for my open trailer (no enclosed one yet).

Trailer is the best thing i've bought yet. For me i'm lucky.....get home....back it into the garage and night is done! You'll have fun setting it up the way you like i'm sure.

I have so little space in my current vehicle to transport my gear, that I am limited to how much I can bring.
The trailer will allow me to bring darn near everything,
and give me the versatility to adjust what I setup to fit the room.
I can't wait to eliminate one load in and one load out at each gig!

Reactions: Djderik
Nice, Tig...
but way too much for my needs.
Like I said, I got what I need from Walmart for $19.

Reactions: ittigger
Derik,
That's the kind of stuff I LOVE to do.
Aside from the fact the you DID it...you get extra kudo points just for thinkin' of it!

My 5x8 trailer is 2", and I consider that to be a pretty small trailer. The really small, light-duty utility trailers are 1 7/8", but I wouldn't count on much else.

Reactions: ittigger and Ausumm
yea it is... everything just rolls in and sits in its spot... i used the upper walls to hang stands, cords and such.. can't beat it.. does make my Silverado burn more gas though..