EV Roadshow 10/21/2014 Configurations

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ahoustondj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
I was amazed at this Demo and Configuration. It is called the Cardoid. The Sound from the Subs are a complete wrap around. Front Soundwaves meet those from the back. The speakers have to be deployed away from a wall. So if you are set up in an open area/Large Stage or a Gym, you may want to try this. This can be done either with the ETX 15SP or ETX 18SP with a 2+ per side or in the Middle Cluster. I was blown away by the sound. They used 1 ETX 10P and 2 ETX 15SP to demonstrate the effect. Note, some of you doing Weddings may not like the idea of facing the back of a speaker to the Audience with the two Cables Showing. If you are doing a Gym where the young ones don't care, just try it.

20141021_155516[1].jpg

20141021_155504[1].jpg

Reactions: steve149
Yes they are but the soundwaves still travel in a certain pattern depending on the design. Thats why Folded Horns sound different to front loaded. radiators

If you set them up as cardioid AND adjust phase/delay (that part was omitted - notice the 2nd sub is not daisy chained to the first) you can get the subs to be somewhat directional, with less sound going to the rear (the back facing sub cancels out the backwave) and more to the front. It's pretty amazing.

I have used cardiod setting, and it is amazing. I took the casters off the back of all my ETX15SP subs, as I thought they looked awful and added around 8 lbs to the subs weight. All my equipment comes in and out on carts anyway.

In a gym when set up away from a wall, it almost doubles the bass out front (opinion from the ears, not measured) and kills all the bass slap back off the back wall.

Reactions: ahoustondj