EV EKX

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
We're getting WAYYY TOOO many overlapped lines .. EV now has ZLX, ELX, EKX, and ETX all within a $1k band.

That's what I was thinking, plus these have passive and powered versions, I wonder if the are going to drop an older line

If they combined the ZLX and ELX (which had passive and powered), then maybe it works out.

The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology — all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications. The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12" and 15" two-way models and 15" and 18" subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.

Their words.. I guess this is their medium grade.. Looks like my beloved QRX series is on its way out..

The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology — all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications. The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12" and 15" two-way models and 15" and 18" subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.

Their words.. I guess this is their medium grade.. Looks like my beloved QRX series is on its way out..

QRX are passive, and are on par with the ETX (if not above them), so not sure.

Reactions: Dj Nightmare
I have a stable of ETX, no reason to go backwards. This line will probably replace ELX. Guessing it will have a lot of the nice things in ETX, but cheaper drivers and amps. Kinda like what Yamaha did with DBR and DXR.

My ETX15SP's have very expensive tour grade drivers in them, along with the touring DSP chipset.

I have a stable of ETX, no reason to go backwards. This line will probably replace ELX. Guessing it will have a lot of the nice things in ETX, but cheaper drivers and amps. Kinda like what Yamaha did with DBR and DXR.

My ETX15SP's have very expensive tour grade drivers in them, along with the touring DSP chipset.
The EKX will not replace the ELX. It is a go between the ELX and the ETX!

Pretty soon they'll be like Behringer and their mixer line .. they seem to have a model positioned every $25 or so from $50 to $500.

Reactions: Jeff Romard