Weddings Dollar/Money Dance Polka

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

jokerswild

Chief Bottle Washer
Feb 11, 2007
Elkhart, IN
www.totalimpactdjs.com
I've been combing the archives for this and I know it exists.... supposidly there was a 14 minute Dollar Dance song that was a Polka but, only available online from the groups website.... I can't seem to find anything more than a 2 minute polka called The Bridal Dance Polka....

I have a Polish/German Bride/Groom looking for the traditional money dance polka....

Help!!!

I believe it was done by Tex-Mex Express.... and the extended version was only available on their website but now all I can find is the short version.... I bet I could get away with combining similar polkas with the Tex-Mex Express version but was really looking for the extended version....

It might have been that other site where I saw the information but, it's been a long time.

The Brides side is Polish and the Grooms side is German.... and they like the idea of a traditional reception... and I do mean traditional.

Good luck with that...I'd like to see a gig report after it, if you don't mind. I'm not totally sure exactly what you mean by "traditional," so it will definitely be interesting to hear about. :)

You'll have to wait for this gig report.... until oh about July 11, 2010.... yah I have time to find this song.... just wanted to have it so I knew my bases were covered.

DJ Joe,

Thanks for that link. I had seen that CD listed in Mobile Beat a few years ago.

Do you think it's worth it? I mean, is it a good audio quality CD? I had thought about buying that myself.

Cheers,

Joe

There's a "click me for music" to hear audio samples on the page.

here in western pa its called the rodovy the version I have 52:30 long its cool when you have a bunch of polish or Slovak people and they all have there white handkerchiefs out

I use The Trel Tones - Bridal Dance Polka

http://www.15122.com/TrelTones/Album.htm

They are a Polka Band close to my house and everyone knows the version.

Their version is 37 minutes long, I have had bridal dances that I had to start playing it for a third time.

I would say the average is around 25 to 30 minutes.

That's the site I was looking for just couldn't remember it..... I have something similar I think so will check with the bride before I go buying another $14.00 song that I'll probably use once.

Alphabet, You're name is Staniszewski, you live in PA, and you hesitated to buy the POLKA CD? :sqerr: I would think that would be a prerequisite to becoming a PA DJ. LOL Jay

as a PA DJ...

...never leave home without it....

View attachment 13943

Attachments

• km.bmp
    550.8 KB · Views: 13