Do you all mix?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Dj Nightmare

DJ Extraordinaire
Sep 3, 2014
As in Blend the playing song with the next song you are playing so that both songs sound as one? or not? I'm asking this because recently i came accross some DJ's who exclusively use Windows media player.. And call themselves professional DJ's. I was hired on at this wedding exclusively for lighting, uplighting and some gobo projection and pin spots.. i was shocked when i saw this.. is this what the DJ world is coming to?

Reactions: DJ JohnThe1
Occasionally .. but honestly, around here, club-like continuous dancing doesn't happen .. even with the kids, so it's no more than 2-3 songs at best.

Reactions: Dj Nightmare
Essh the hostility lol So you don;t actually use any kind of controller or anything..straight laptop well 2 laptops thats it.. interesting.. and put your transitions against mine? why so hostile thought?

Reactions: ahoustondj
I too average about 75 a year personally. Thats whats up Steve.. why is this Rick Ryan guy so hostile?

I have a Denon HC4500 controller, but really only use it to start/pause and cue. I don't use Winamp, but I do use iTunes for pure playlist playing (background music, etc.).

I too average about 75 a year personally. Thats whats up Steve.. why is this Rick Ryan guy so hostile?
Defensiveness I would presume. I think his priority is Uplights, Floral Displays, Drapery, PhotoBooths etc. Push Play and go! The Core Skills of a DJ as we know it is absent! Just saying!

Reactions: Algren
Defensiveness I would presume. I think his priority is Uplights, Floral Displays, Drapery, PhotoBooths etc. Push Play and go! The Core Skills of a DJ as we know it is absent! Just saying!

Don't presume or assume.

Reactions: ittigger and Ausumm
yea me too.. B-Sharp.. i just recently started making a list for wedding background/dinner music.. but still mix live for the reception dance set

Reactions: ahoustondj
I will even go so far as to setup a Playlist for Cocktail/Dinner Hour that can be blended/mixed in, either manually or by Auto Play. I do this in case I have to walk away to eat with the Guests or other. This list is not just songs to be played but specially chosen for the blend. The AutoPlay was not meant to totally do my job as a Push Play DJ. Its one thing to be able to use AutoPlay but the main question should be "Can you mix and blend without it?"
Dancing is always Live Mixing. There is no need to be so defensive if one does not know how to Mix, Blend, Scratch or make a seamless Playlist. Either you can or you can't!

Last edited:

Because you started this thread, openly trashing anyone who doesn't do it like you. If you want to hand out smack, expect to have handed back to you.

BTW, if you think I was being hostile, perhaps your skin is a bit thin.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I will even go so far as to setup a Playlist for Cocktail/Dinner Hour that can be blended/mixed in, either manually or by Auto Play. Dancing is always Live Mixing. There is no need to be so defensive if one does not know how to Mix, Blend, Scratch or make a seamless Playlist. Either you can or you can't!

Not sure how setting up a playlist to use Auto Play .. is any different than what Rick said. I do the same .. I always setup ahead of time those song I think I might play based on what I know in a playlist ... just makes it easier to find.

But I didn't slam Rick for doing the same thing you and I do.

Reactions: ittigger
Because you started this thread, openly trashing anyone who doesn't do it like you. If you want to hand out smack, expect to have handed back to you.

BTW, if you think I was being hostile, perhaps your skin is a bit thin.
Tsk Tsk using Labels like "openly trashing" to solicit sympathy is pitiful. It was and is a discussion. Did it hit your raw nerve? Look who's talking about "thin skin". The only one I see complaining is you. LOL

Tsk Tsk using Labels like "openly trashing" to solicit sympathy is pitiful. It was and is a discussion. Did it hit your raw nerve? Look who's talking about "thin skin". The only one I see complaining is you. LOL

I answered his question. You're just trying to start a fight, as usual.

Its one think to be able to use AutoPlay but the main question should be "Can you mix and blend without it?" Dancing is always Live Mixing. There is no need to be so defensive if one does not know how to Mix, Blend, Scratch or make a seamless Playlist. Either you can or you can't!

Gee, can't figure out why anyone would be hostile.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I answered his question. You're just trying to start a fight, as usual.

There you go again looking for sympathy. LOL over and out Buddy. As always, I will share Positive Suggestions. You may want to spend some time really learning your Craft. Here are some Videos to watch! Learn how to do it by ear in case your Software fails you or the Sync & Auto Play Buttons fail.

If you need more let me know! :cheers: