DJ friend texted me about his birthday party on 5-10-14.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
A very good DJ friend who was big reason for me getting back into DJ had his birthday party in a restaurant/bar in Englewood Park, NJ. I decide to show up and I took some pictures and a video while I was there. Nice small place and he has a nice setup. Not that the setup was great looking but the gear is top of the line as he is a very good DJ. We used to work together many years ago. He is now a principle in a school in Newark, NJ.

I'm glad I went as I saw my next purchase while I was there. He had a couple of small Chauvet moving heads on a speaker stand he was using. He said they were $400.00 for the pair and he had 2 more. Before I get beat up for buying more gear. We have jobs coming up and I wanted things to look so great that people will say wow! Now that's a great setup and I want them to come and do an event for me that will look like that. Also I wanted to do this so I could have some more pictures to add to the website that will impress people to want to contact us.

The only draw back for me with this place is that they were smoking something in the place out of these tube things that I've seen happen in other places. Don't kno what they are smoking and don't care to know as I'm a recovering addict.

The only draw back for me with this place is that they were smoking something in the place out of these tube things that I've seen happen in other places. Don't kno what they are smoking and don't care to know as I'm a recovering addict.

I assume you mean either electronic cigarettes (vaporizing), or a multi person hookah ... what you might have seen in an old opium den (just with tobacco).

He had a couple of small Chauvet moving heads on a speaker stand he was using. He said they were $400.00 for the pair and he had 2 more.

The only thing that comes to mind is the Chauvet Spot Duo which are more in the 550 range. I think someone on here has (or had) one.

In agreeance with everyone else though, lights are not going to give you this 'WOW' factor that you seek .. or make someone want to hire you. If it was that easy, we'd all be doing it.

Reactions: Jeff Romard