DJ Expo 2014 in Atlantic City Aug 11-14

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
http://djtimes.com/thedjexpo/

We started discussing an east coast get together and this may be a spot. I went for the day last year, but it was a haul (4 hours each way). Might do an overnight this year .. not sure yet.

I'm not really interested in the sessions, some others may be, but if you want to go for the exhibit floor .. where you can see, touch and hear the goodies, it's free to register as long as you do it by June 4th (though I see a July 8th date on some mentions, so not sure).

This is where I first heard the Yamaha DXS12 and was sold on them.

Saw Cap there and hope to see some more of you this year ... if we get enough, we can plan an ODJT dinner out somewhere.

Do it now so you don't forget .. you can always add the session piece: http://djtimes.com/thedjexpo/register/

Last edited:
The 14th is my birthday, so AC might be a good trip for a night..... I actually HATE the floor at conventions. Too loud, and too much music I hate - very little mainstream music gets played at these shows.... Rap, techno, house, and whatever else.... Lots of noise to me. I don't see how people can evaluate anything on the floor. But I do enjoy gear being displayed in breakout rooms.

I know my family is headed to Myrtle Beach in August this year.. Just waiting to hear from my wife as to which week we are going.

I would enjoy meeting you, Steve. Heck, basically I have enjoyed most everybody I have ever met at a convention.

I hope I can make it.

I'm interested to see who else from ODJT is going to this year's show. Anyone else?

If you're planning to go .. at least sign up for the free exhibit floor before it goes up. We can decide come June/July when the best single day is for all. Monday the seminars are on but the show floor is not, so for me Tue or Wed is probably best, since many will try to close up early on Thursday (though you might find a deal or two there).

Reactions: ittigger
I'm still on the fence but i'm trying to see if there's a way i can make it happen this year. All depends on if that ends up being the date of my family's vacation or not, those dates are among the dates they are discussing going. I'll tell you that i went in the past and LOVED staying at the Taj Mahal. The Weather was bad so i didn't get to see much of Atlantic City outside of the Taj Mahal but that's okay since the hotel is basically a city in itself haha. I'll let ya know if i'll be making it.

OK ... We're getting a little closer ...

I think I'm going down Tuesday-Wednesday and I'll probably stay at the Trump Taj Mahal to make it easy. Not sure if my wife will come down for the beach (as she has absolutely no interest in a DJ show:) ).

If anyone else is planning for the day, note it here and sometime at the end of the month we'll figure out if an ODJT dinner can be set up.

Last edited:
BTW, the free Exhibits-Only pass promo code ( PVA301) expires in a week, so if you are thinking about it, sign up today to at least lock that in.

www.thedjexpo.com

OK .. just booked a room for Tuesday night (8/12) ... I'll drive down in the AM on Tuesday to get there around noon/1. Probably leave in the afternoon on Wed.

Only a few more days if you want to check out the AC DJ Expo show floor for free !!

2 weeks to go for the DJ Expo ... Anyone here going?

Not sure if it will still work, but DJ Event Planner (one of our sponsors) still lists a discount coupon on their site for a free exhibition hall pass with code "DJE290" .. give it a shot if you want to go. (see: http://www.djeventplanner.com/djepblog/2011/05/discount_passes_for_dj_expo_in.html ) N.A.M.E has an exhibit code of "NAME318" that probably still works at a cost of $25 for exhibits.

As stated, I'm coming down on Tuesday and leaving Wednesday at some point. Staying at the Trump Taj Mahal.

If you're near by, they usually have some great discounts on hardware (speakers,mixers,lights) AND software (VDJ was there last year)

Well ... we're 1 week away.

If anyone is going, I made a reservation (actually a priority seating request) at the Hard Rock at the Trump Taj Mahal for 7:00 on Tuesday 8/12 for 6 people.
If interested, let me know.

Hopefully I'll see someone from this board there ... if you make it, my cell is 203 five two five 3278 ... I'm there from around 1 tomorrow till Wednesday afternoon. Dinner plans (above) tomorrow nite if you can make it (text or call me).