Denon Speakers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
They look like the Mackie Cube (DLM series) speakers ... http://www.mackie.com/products/dlmseries/lineup/

view_image.php

Reactions: Loneavenger
...and they probably sound like Alto speakers, because both Denon DJ & Alto are InMusic brands.
I suppose that would still be better than sounding like their sister company Ion's party speaker line with the built in lighting effects.

Midas is a Behringer brand, I don't see your point

My point (in a roundabout way) is that Denon DJ used to be innovative. I'm sort of disappointed that some of the first new products under InMusic's ownership of the Denon DJ brand are speakers. For one thing, Denon DJ has never been in the speaker business. For another, the DJ speaker business is ridiculously competitive and adding another entry is ridiculous. Third, and most important, these are lookalikes to another company's product line, one that hasn't been especially popular.

I was more excited about the Denon DJ Serato interface... it's the first standalone Serato box that isn't made by Rane.

Reactions: DJ JohnThe1
While Turbosound and Midas are owned by Behringer now I don't think that instantly means their quality is any less. Behringer has been working hard over the last couple years to improve the quality of their products. And these new Aquisitions ( Midas, Turbosound, etc. ) i think have only helped them to achieve their goal. I look forward to what the future holds. I'm not a person that usually even considers anything that says Behringer, but i'll admit i'm definitely following their products closer recently

Reactions: B-Sharp
^^^^ Good points there. Behringer has definitely hit their stride as a value brand, and they've gained access to designs and technologies through their acquisitions of Klark-Teknik, Midas, Turbosound and other brands that they never would have been able to develop otherwise.

InMusic, from what I can tell, does things the other way around - they wait for a brand to be dead in the water (or close to it), snap it up for a song, and then use it to sell similar products based on their in-house designs. Many of their brands at one time or another were powerhouses... Akai, Alesis, M-Audio, and of course, Denon DJ, immediately come to mind. Now? Many of those brands sell very similar products, albeit with one or two different features. Numark is clearly their flagship brand for DJ equipment. Denon DJ? I'd be on it becoming a way to move gear that's designed well, but far from innovative.