Cerwin Vega T36-750

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

jtnichol

KCDJ
Oct 25, 2006
Leavenworth KS
www.jfproductions.biz
I bought 4
My buddy bought 4

I didn't even hook them all up at the same time. We tested with 4 and got a complaint from 2 blocks away and the cops came.

Powered 4 with ease and headroom with a single IPR2 5000.

total investment of around $1600.

Best of the old school as far as I'm concerned for being a 50hz-60hz thumper. Good enough for the girls I date.

1604729_10150377523764960_1758945078_n.jpg

I have a pair of B36's they kick serious ass....You got a great deal for $1600

4 of those are potent 8 of them can cause nausea at close range. I have played with 16 of them indoors all I could do was :djsmug:.
The best thing about them is they are so efficient you can run four of them on one 1500 wpc @ 4 ohm amp with ease.

Have you measured how many amps you're pulling from the wall with that amp? I would think there are some huge spikes coming out.

That IPR2-5000 amp when ran responsibly really doesn't go much above 10amps. If I really push the shit out of it with the DDT enacted it peaks around 14 I guess.

Normal run on 8ohm stereo with my "normal" 18's really doesn't go above 6amps.

Light and efficient.

I was wrong about the price! We paid $1700 for 6 of them. I bought the other 2 for $400 as a separate deal a couple years ago.

Doh!

$2100 for 8....Yes. I would do that again.

That was a smokin deal I paid $500 for a pair about 10 years ago

Reactions: jtnichol
That was a smokin deal I paid $500 for a pair about 10 years ago

It's all relative...in 2004 $500 for a pair of those was a smokin' deal!~)

I think the overriding thing about that PARTICULAR cabinet is that it was one of the best of the best of CV stuff...Just my opinion based on research.

It's a one trick pony 60hz~ range but it's a LOUD pony at that.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
It was actually the B36 that I bought. Either way they are both kickass

Reactions: drzinc
Give them the right kind of power and your neighbors kids won't mess with you :D :D :D

Nah, the kids next door thought they had a loud system, out came my 4 CV's each pair powered by a bridged QSC RMX4050HD, didn't have to push hard ;) It's fun having a psychopath physician living next door :D :D :D :D

Nah, the kids next door thought they had a loud system, out came my 4 CV's each pair powered by a bridged QSC RMX4050HD, didn't have to push hard ;) It's fun having a psychopath physician living next door :D :D :D :D

LOL the neighbor used to crank his car stereo and being a couple of hundred feet away thorough the woods it kind of sounded like ass in a bag so on a day off I got a bit annoyed with it pulled out the 2-36s 2 JRX18s and 4 JRX15's he hasn't done it since lol

I just bought 2 for $400.00 from a guy in New York. I also bought a pair of brand new pair of Yorkville 801p subs and those things kick butt. Haven't had a chance to use the Earthquakes yet. Might use them for a school dance on April 18th in South Brunswick. Not sure but either ones will do a great job. I also have a pair of Yamaha DSR subs as well.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I was wrong about the price! We paid $1700 for 6 of them. I bought the other 2 for $400 as a separate deal a couple years ago.

Doh!

$2100 for 8....Yes. I would do that again.
I got 2 for $400.00. You just have to find someone either quitting the business or desperate for some cash.