Carvin

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
well MSRP isn't very accurate I would guess them to be in the $3000 I am calling later when they open, I am confused as to why you think they are too weak, 1500 watts to the 18 and 1000 to the tops should be plenty, I've been very happy with all of the Carvin gear I have used

Unfortunately, I need the portability and the RCF EVOX looks like the best fit. Although I do have a DJ trailer and currently a Yorkville LS801P weighing in at 134lbs., I don't want to have to try and lift any more weight into the Highlander than necessary. I'm already straining to get my specially built road case (94 lbs.) now into the Highlander and into the trailer. It is a table top case with fold-out laptop shelf.

Unfortunately, I need the portability and the RCF EVOX looks like the best fit. Although I do have a DJ trailer and currently a Yorkville LS801P weighing in at 134lbs., I don't want to have to try and lift any more weight into the Highlander than necessary. I'm already straining to get my specially built road case (94 lbs.) now into the Highlander and into the trailer. It is a table top case with fold-out laptop shelf.
Same here .. as I get older (ugh) little things like weight have a higher priority than other things. I am not expecting the EVOX to outperform some of the nice rigs people here have .. I expect them to perform adequately for events in the 150-200 person size and to kick ass for less than that .. and I'm good with that.

As Steve has pointed out, it's what works for you and the style you are projecting. Sure, I could use the Yorkville sub and tops but as I get older I am able to pick and choose my battles (size of room and audience). Can't wait till you get the system and can tell us about it.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
As Steve has pointed out, it's what works for you and the style you are projecting. Sure, I could use the Yorkville sub and tops but as I get older I am able to pick and choose my battles (size of room and audience). Can't wait till you get the system and can tell us about it.

I just hope they show up before I retire ...

Didn't want to start a new thread. What happened to "The Private Show"? I can't seem to find it in the forums.

Didn't want to start a new thread. What happened to "The Private Show"? I can't seem to find it in the forums.

I believe that's the Jay Tea Vegas Hall Of Fame forum ..

correction .. it's the The Private Show under The Big Show .. JTV is also private.

I believe that's the Jay Tea Vegas Hall Of Fame forum ..

correction .. it's the The Private Show under The Big Show .. JTV is also private.

I modified the template so that sub-forums are listed on the homepage instead of in the description pop over this should make the sub-forums easier to find. @TwinSpinDJ

It is overpriced for Carvin gear. And active bass cabinets are always underpowered, no matter who makes 'em.

My concern with this rig is you're limited with bass cabinet placement. These are bass reflex front-radiator design. Nice cabinets when you can set them side by side or properly space 'em (which kinda defeats the purpose of this rig).

It is overpriced for Carvin gear. And active bass cabinets are always underpowered, no matter who makes 'em.

My concern with this rig is you're limited with bass cabinet placement. These are bass reflex front-radiator design. Nice cabinets when you can set them side by side or properly space 'em (which kinda defeats the purpose of this rig).
It's $4099 for two subs and 4 tops with free shipping, sound pretty fair to me, I've never had an issue with any of my Carvin gear, I consider a small step below QSC, EV, JBL, top of the line gear, but much better than Behringer, Gemini, American Audio

It's $4099 for two subs and 4 tops with free shipping, sound pretty fair to me, I've never had an issue with any of my Carvin gear, I consider a small step below QSC, EV, JBL, top of the line gear, but much better than Behringer, Gemini, American Audio

Well pop that bad-boy credit card out and order it already. I'm just dying to know how it actually works. ;)