Camco Vortex V6

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Taj

New DJ
Jan 2, 2014
Hi Guys,

Anyone out there used this power amp Camco Vortex V6. Is it worth going this route to run bass heavy speakers?

From what I've heard, it's a phenomenal amp, though a better fit for live sound duty given the power requirements. If you don't get a response, try one of the live sound boards like: http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php#c1

Reactions: Taj
Certainly possible since it goes down to 2 ohms, but at 3300 wpc, that's not a whole lot into those Phoenix, which probably should be fed 3300 each. So you could do 2 Phoenix per amp. Running 4 will work (I believe the Phoenix are 4 ohm, so 2 paralleled per side would be 2 ohms) but they won't be getting enough power to work at peak performance.

Reactions: Taj
Cheers Steve, Looks like it may have to be 2 x Q1212 to run the phenix for me which works within my budget.

Reactions: jokerswild
Cheers Steve, Looks like it may have to be 2 x Q1212 to run the phenix for me which works within my budget.
You might look at the QSC PLX3602's in that case... they'll cost roughly the same new or used as the Q1212... but, are a LOT lighter weight than the Q1212