Anyone Going to Mobile Beat 2015 in Vegas?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
It's Feb 23-26.

I'm out there that week anyway for another conference and was hoping to swing by. They don't have an exhibit only passes on the web (at least yet) .. says you can pick them up in person .. not sure of cost.

I may stop by to check out what's coming out soon.

I think it's at the Riviera and I'm a couple miles south at the Aria (our conference is at both the Mandalay Bay and the MGM) but I love the walking out there.

Yeah, it's at the Riviera (this might be it's last year there). We're not heading there this year, my classes this semester won't allow for me to miss a week like that.

Like most years I was planning on going but seems things always come up. My radio gig is at risk right now the gamble would be too much....maybe next year

OK .. stopped by for a couple of hours today .. wasn't impressed. The expo was much smaller than we get at the DJ EXPO in Atlantic City.

Not a lot of top end vendors (no JBL, Yamaha, RCF, Rane, VDJ, Traktor). QSC had a room, though little new except the TouchMix mixers. CheapLights had their own room with a lot of "cheap" speakers and waaaayyyyy too much haze with lasers blinding everyone in the room .. and cheap Chinese ones to boot. I left there quick.

On the show floor, the booths from the lighting companies were smaller than I'm used to .. Chauvet, ADJ, and Blizzard had booths .. CSL and a couple of cheap light companies had a presence, but I didn't see anything that stood out, though, after looking at the Chauvet GigBar, I may spring for it when I get back.

Prices weren't all that good either .. for example, the show special for the GigBar was $386 .. a good price, but only $15 less than what I can buy it for any day (including shipping) .. so no real pressure to move .. Atlantic City had better specials.

Carvin was there with there column speakers .. sounded OK ... Numark / Deno had a small booth. Only cool thing there was this tricked out Numark DJ vehicle ...

IMG_0120[1].JPG IMG_0119[1].JPG IMG_0116[1].JPG IMG_0118[1].JPG

All-in-all .. not worth the $20 cost to go in ...

Must be nice to be able to just "pop in" to the Expo like that for 20 bucks. For me to do that it costs ALOT more. Airfare, time off work, hotel, etc... I've never been to one. Something always comes up. Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I dropped in only because I am here for a different show down the street. I've never been to a Vegas DJ show before so not sure if this is normal .. Las Vegas DJ Show ( http://thelasvegasdjshow.com/ ) is here as well.

I dropped in only because I am here for a different show down the street. I've never been to a Vegas DJ show before so not sure if this is normal .. Las Vegas DJ Show ( http://thelasvegasdjshow.com/ ) is here as well.
I guess they're a competitor to the MB show. It is a bit confusing having two Vegas DJ shows. This year I've seen the usual venue complaints (The Rivera) about MB's show on some of the boards but other than that not much feedback.

Last edited:
I think I'll plan to go to the LasVegas show in August. I think the drive from Oklahoma will be better than going to New Jersey. I don't go anywhere I can't drive to. My flying days are over. I wish there was something similar in Dallas or Huston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Romard
I will likely stop by the DJ Expo in Atlantic City in August .. http://djtimes.com/thedjexpo/ , though right now it only says "
Stay Tuned for a Major Announcement from DJ Expo."

What I've always had an issue about is (except for Mobile Beat) why are all these shows during what is wedding season for the vast majority of the country?

Well, based on the number of people I saw at MB, off-season doesn't seem to attract anyone either.

Reactions: DJ J Mac
There are much deeper issues for MB than what time of year it's held at. I'll give you a two word (technically three) hint as to the issues, quality and value.

Reactions: steve149
Actually, DJExpo runs Monday to Wednesday, I believe, so one could do a Saturday wedding, come in on Sunday and leave on Thursday.

I've thought about it. Of course what I'd really like to see is something here in the Midwest, so I'm not spending a ton of money traveling.