Anybody here tried Wedding.com?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I guess different packages depends on what's in them. I've been using 3 packages that mostly differ by how many speakers and how many hours. I've been advertising club lighting (which is just adding 2 scanners and 2 color changers or mirror ball) as an add on and only had one client that wanted the extra lights in the last 3 years. I've also had prospects that thought I was pulling a fast one by suggesting they need more speakers for an extra $100. So those packages haven't been doing too well. I've also had weddings in venues that I didn't know the layout of, and had to add more speakers anyway once I got there. :(

What I've been doing is raising my price a little each year, but offering a discount that's still yields a higher profit than last year's price. But I like that limited time offer idea Rick. That should motivate prospects to sign up quicker. Everyone likes to feel they're saving money IMO.
I have one problem with this. Why say it will cost an extra $100.00 for more speakers? Why not just add that into the price quote and be done with it? That way they don't know they are paying you an extra $100.00 for more speakers.

I think many clients do a little research and 2 scanners and 2 color changers don't come up to "club" levels ... maybe you need to differentiate more and instead of a $100 add-on, make a few $400-$500 add-ons that are worthy of consideration, such as full room uplighting.

1. I don't have the money to invest. 2. I like to keep things simple.

I have uplighting as an option but the prospects I get are rarely interested. Also some rooms have too many windows to make uplighting work. And some venues have there own uplights. I was pretty excited about getting into uplighting a couple of years ago, but it turned out. Probably jumped on that wagon way too late.

I've learned that brides don't care about club lighting, but some grooms do. That's just been my experience.

Your market could be saturated with lighting but don't give up on it. I don't know if you regularly post pics from your events but in my book, that was the key to selling lighting. I post about 100+ pics from every event to picasa and have it linked directly from my website. Prospects spend a lot of time looking at my pics and I believe that sells my service, a lot, and those uplighting pics are what grab their attention. 2 out of 4 of my packages contain uplighting. One package has 10 fixtures, which I call a "baby uplighting package for 100 or fewer guests" and the other has 20. About one-third of all my gigs have uplighting included. Last night we had 3 uplighting events and the 4th had Italian String Lighting. All of them were over $1k.

1. I don't have the money to invest. 2. I like to keep things simple.

I have uplighting as an option but the prospects I get are rarely interested. Also some rooms have too many windows to make uplighting work. And some venues have there own uplights. I was pretty excited about getting into uplighting a couple of years ago, but it turned out. Probably jumped on that wagon way too late.

I've learned that brides don't care about club lighting, but some grooms do. That's just been my experience.

You could always start by sub-contracting the lighting to another and bring on only what's working.