Weddings Alternative name for a step dad

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

dunlopj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 14, 2008
Belair MD
Having a brain f*rt here...I used to know a really great alternative name for a step dad and d*m if I can remember it now as I do my final write up for Saturday's event.

Help!

Bingo!! That's it! Thanks a bunch!

I have a high end wedding and the bride asked for another name.

A rose by any other name...
Everyone in the room already knows who and what he is.
How about just calling him by his actual name? John, MIke, Ted...etc.

It would be one thing if she had her own long established pet name for him..but she doesn't and your "cute" name is simply a pointer straight back to the fact that he's a "step" dad - which of course, everybody already knows.

Last edited:
My "Fill In Dad"!

Just be REAL careful when you say "Bonus" ... don't want a boner or "bone us" dad. :)

I dropped all them crap dances years ago because years ago I went and asked one bride her Fathers name who she dancing with on the night

well all hell broke loose because her dad was dead

since then I dont do it because of Parents Divorced

passing of Parents and other reasons

they have the first Bridal waltz and then two following

what they call it what they do is thier business
I aint going to offend anyone again and ask them

might seem harsh nut its once bitten twice NO THANKS!

Instead of asking who the Dad is, you could easily ask "What special dances would you like?" and let them tell you who .. no need to drop them.

Reactions: 3 people
I dropped all them crap dances years ago because years ago I went and asked one bride her Fathers name who she dancing with on the night

well all hell broke loose because her dad was dead

since then I dont do it because of Parents Divorced

passing of Parents and other reasons

they have the first Bridal waltz and then two following

what they call it what they do is thier business
I aint going to offend anyone again and ask them

might seem harsh nut its once bitten twice NO THANKS!
You don't find out at a meeting with the couple such details? Geez and you keep beating me up for what I do. Now you can't tell me nothing rookie. Do you even use a wedding planner form? LOL.

Reactions: 2 people
Mix Mixing it up

Reactions: 1 person
I would ask her if just simply calling out their real names or just mention dad for both of them or maybe not mention dad at all so neither will get upset.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't find out at a meeting with the couple such details? Geez and you keep beating me up for what I do. Now you can't tell me nothing rookie. Do you even use a wedding planner form? LOL.

LOL.........You are a trip Mix. ;-)

Mix as I have said BEFORE I STARTED USING FORMS

thats right you dont listen to whats been told you only use what you want to make for others

come back when you have been djing for over 35x years and then tell me how to do this job

dont like it then dont let the door hit your a$$ on the way out

have a nice day!!