ADJA Acquires WED Guild

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
There is so much I could say that would land me in so much hot water ;)

Rick I have no fear of being booted from here but I just don't have time to deal with the countless emails and phone calls from the elite ones

Rick I am having an argument about this very same topic on the same forum as we speak

HA! I entered a thread today about a coordinator wanting a copy of a DJ's contract. I took the side of "it's none of their business". One of the muckys piped in, called me and another DJ out by name, then start berating us saying we were causing "roadblocks to success for our clients". I argued with the guy and asked him for something to back up what he was saying when I get a PM from Alan Dodson, telling me to lay off. I went back to the thread, told Alan publicly I appreciated his threat then told him I was arguing because the guy was being a pompous ass. The guy actually offered to pay me $1000 for a copy of one of my timelines (to prove I was supplying enough info in it) and I called him on it. Of course the blowhard didn't come through. The whole thing was pretty hysterical and just illustrated perfectly those little ultra-narcissists that think if you don't buy their sh$t, then they have an obligation to tear into you. Of course, it ends up with Dodson booting me for a week and telling me I can "re-apply". I told him to go f$k himself. It was pretty entertaining for a bit.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
After some interactions with Alan, other "industry leaders" and the "my sh!t don't stink" guys, I can honestly say many of them are the entire reason why the dj industry is so messed up.

And yet they are convinced they are the saviors of the industry.

Is shystering an industry?

No just like and they will accept you.

As for that group I just read when I have time and laugh. The advice on how to build a business is coming from some that do 10 bookings or less a year. Want proof of that look there on Saturday nights the usual suspects are freely dispensing advice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back to the original post they really need someone to write press releases for them. That particular one wouldn't get picked up by a high school paper

I'm going to speculate that he let it go cheap.
If anyone is a member of the ADJA you should be able to find out it's your dues that paid for it

If anyone is a member of the ADJA you should be able to find out it's your dues that paid for it

My dues don't give me an ownership stake in the company so it's really none of my business. Knowing Drax, and with a hunch that the ADJA is a much larger organization than the WEDGuild ever would have become in anyone's lifetime, I'm sure that he wouldn't have spent foolishly for it.

You are right Brandon on all accounts except it is your business. The ADJA is like being in a union they are supposed to be working for you not you for them and although you don't have an ownership stake it's still your money they went on the shopping spree with

I have no doubt it was a good deal for all concerned in the purchase I would be interested to find out more if I was a member

You are right Brandon on all accounts except it is your business. The ADJA is like being in a union

And this is EXACTLY why I bailed that organization. I despise unions. The ADJA had excessive dues for what they returned and even the local group held very little value in terms of networking. The Nashville group was basically made up of a handful of guys who averaged 10-15 gigs per year and were constantly squabbling as if they actually did a high level of biz. I met DJ Wes at one of the meetings and honestly, that's probably one of the better aspects I ever saw.