added more ETX

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

oldschooldj

DJ Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2012
FT. CAMPBELL
I just added a set of ETX10P tops with covers to my ever growing EV active rig. I play more with one or two ETX15SP subs than I do with all four and my ETX12P tops work great with all four subs, but not as well with one or two.

I had been using my my ZLX12P tops with one or two of the subs and they sound great, however I had an event this weekend using two of the ETX subs where the ZLX did not keep up, so I am adding the ETX10Ps.

When I spent several different days and many hours listening to the ETX line, my favorite sound was the ETX15SP and ETX10P combo, followed by the ETX18SP with the ETX35P for all out loud volume.

Ray .. you spend more on hardware than I do .. and that's tough to do .. :)

I have scaled back since me and the wife retired. :) I had the best month ever DJing in September and decided to put some money back into equipment before tax time. The only thing I was looking at was these tops.

I also got out of the ceremony rig (you helped me with last month)about $500.00 cheaper than I thought I would, even after adding the additional microphones, so there was no draw on my checking account to buy the tops.

I think you are a lot like me in our conversations, you like the sound of the smaller woofer tops much more in small to medium gigs with average SPL requirements. I play a lot of old stuff with horns, and to me an 8" or 10" top are so much sweater than 12" and larger tops.

Reactions: steve149
Always looking for "sweet" sound (I guess I'm not - All About That Bass)