A treasure trove of pics from our set up in the late eighties

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
I met with an old friend who was one of the founding fathers of our DJ business, I hadn't seen him in probably 20 years he brought me all kind of pics and documents from 85 through about 89. Wedding and school contracts for $100 to $250

Attachments

• IMG_9685.JPG
    IMG_9685.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9682.JPG
    IMG_9682.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 50
Was that a re-purposed swing set in the 1st pic?

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Rick, that Decca and a 1200 now power my home stereo, I remember how excited we were when we got it, we had just gotten a CD player and we were offering fully digital sound

It is funny that people talk about Peavey Amps shutting down on them, me and a couple of friends who DJed in the mid to late 1980s had nothing but problems with Peavey amps. We all changed to Soundcraftsman amps (no longer in business) and never had another issue with an amp thermalling or shutting down on us. The Soundcraftsman were not cheap, but they put out good power, and did not pull massive power from the wall, they were also fairly lite.

It is funny that people talk about Peavey Amps shutting down on them, me and a couple of friends who DJed in the mid to late 1980s had nothing but problems with Peavey amps.

To my knowledge, the Decca series was the only ones to have shutdown issues. The CS series were all rock-solid, not to mention heavy as a rock.

We never had issues with the Decca's we did take them apart and clean them every other month also had a couple of theses

Attachments

• DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_481398.jpg
    DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_481398.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 15
Love the Police Beacons I still have 4 here although I haven't used them in years. I still have 2 Rostech Mixers that are identical to the one in the pic. I never throw out gear just ask my wife lol

The light box brings back some great memories too :)

Reactions: tunes4046
that light box was a little spooky, once in a while some one would get a shock

I think that was part in parcel with those I took a couple of good jolts too lol

I can't recall off the top of my head the model number but I'll look later tonight if it's not buried too bad

Jeff

10f9f6c6b6df33d170442ac0907b399c.jpg

Here it is Tunes it's a SA909. I had an older one too and I had the one with the sound effect buttons but I think I sold that one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk