A controller with a computer built in from Numark NS7 Awesome

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

drzinc

Trini missing JTV
Jun 7, 2008
Toronto
www.drzdj.com
A NS7II with a built in Computer and SeratoDJ.... Mmmmmm

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2014/04/numark-teases-new-one-serato-dj-controller/

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/...machine-will-run-windows-embedded/#more-33040

numarkembedded-640x364.jpg

I wouldn't .. not a fan of all in one units (single point of failure / all eggs in one basket). It would be interesting to see though.

It does look impressive. When the price comes out, you probably won't want to buy 2. I'll wait 'til it's out in mainstream use before I judge (reliability).

:)

Reactions: DJ Wes
Again, for me all in one's are not my boat. Very nice and well thought out, but not for me.

Reactions: ittigger
Wes,
I have enough lap top backups as well as CD's so that doesn't worry me :D. Using external mixers (MP44 - S2R), HC4500x2, DN-D4500x2, iPod and I still have more backups. I've learned that I have to be prepared for everything. You should see the trunks of my cars :D :D :D

If this is made I will buy it for sure. I hope I will be able to change DJ software though...

Reactions: DJ SVO and ittigger
I'm not into "controllers" so when I upgraded recently I went with mixer and CD media player; both accepts flash drives and external HD. And, if mixer goes, I have powered speakers that I can plug a wired microphone and the outputs from the CD unit.

Sure, an all-in-one unit has the danger of "losing it all" in a failure.
But if you already have a system your using... you have all the backup you need.
Keep this for ceremonies or small jobs where you don't wanna bring a lot of gear.
Use it as you main rig, and keep your current system as a backup.

Reactions: DJ Wes
I'm not into "controllers" so when I upgraded recently I went with mixer and CD media player; both accepts flash drives and external HD. And, if mixer goes, I have powered speakers that I can plug a wired microphone and the outputs from the CD unit.

Which mixer did you buy that accepts a flash drive?

I also carry an all in one Numark CD Mix II as backup and Ceremony rig.

My Mix-II died and I hardly used it.

Numark doesn't have the best reputation for speedy customer service, I would be worried if that thing went down.

Hey your car is mix of mechanical, computer, and hydraulics and you send it barreling at high speeds with you and your family is enclosed in it.

Just to clarify, most of my family won't get in on 3 of my cars, then there's the other number that won't get in my other cars either :D :D Once again, you need to see my trunks, I have backup short of an engine rebuild so I can limp back home :D :D

Which mixer did you buy that accepts a flash drive?

My bad...it was not the mixer that has the Flash Drive, but the Dennon D4500MK2.
I also have two CD Mix-II; one as backup and the other as Ceremony duty. No problem with either one...knock on wood. LOL

My Mix-II died and I hardly used it.

Numark doesn't have the best reputation for speedy customer service, I would be worried if that thing went down.

Reactions: maestro
TwinspinDJ. Care to share what you are currently using?

Pioneer DJM 5000 Mixer and DN-D4500MK2 media player. I really like the Mixer as it has a superb sound card, ability to make announcements and music in another area of the venue while playing a different style of music in the main venue. And, the advanced talk-over feature is pretty good too. In stead of lowering the music in order to hear the announcement, the announcement is loud and clear while music is still playing at regular volume. Another feature is a mini-BBE included. Helps with MP3 recorded music to enhance either the Highs or Lows.

The CD media player is pretty cool too. I can insert a thumb drive in the front and play from either drawer while playing a CD in the opposite drawer. I can see where if my Laptop went down, I could immediately play from the thumb drive while the external HD is loading music in the rear USB slot.

Last edited:
Reactions: maestro and DJ Wes